Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TeenInLove Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2012, 02:27 PM
    I'm in love with my male best friend and he doesn't like me back. What do I do?
    So I'm a 13 year old girl and I'm sure I'm in love with my best male friend every time I'm around him I feel like I'm in heaven and when I'm not around him I miss him terribly (That's mostly over the weekends). In last November I told him that I liked him, and he said he liked me only as a friend. I was crushed when I heard him say that but I mostly got over it and accepted the fact that he didn't like back. Now it's almost 2 months later and we have gotten closer as friends, we tell each other everything, we're more "touchy feely", and we share secrets that no one but us know. The fact that we do that makes me fall for him even more. I just need some advice on what to do now? I mean even our friends are trying to set us up and next week it might work out. So any advice you give me will be helpful.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 16, 2012, 06:19 PM
    He told you he isn't interested in having a title of bf/gf, so stop acting like you are, and just be friends without all the touchy feely.

You play into what he wants, no titles but the benefits. You give him his cake, and allow him to eat it free, so what does that leave you with?

Him not having to give you a darn thing you want, while he takes what he wants.

NOT FAIR!! He is happy with the way it is, you are not.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jan 16, 2012, 07:08 PM
    Either just be friends or leave him alone. He made it clear he only wants friendship. Don't throw yourself at him, you will only get hurt.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 16, 2012, 07:42 PM
    Assuming he is 13 ( your age) not a much older boy, that may be all he is interested in right now. Or he is not interested in any relationship other than light dating and friends.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want my girl friend back. I love her so much. [ 4 Answers ]

I was happy with my love, but I don't know what happened. She dumped me, after that I broke down. She was 3 years younger than me. She was my life, I really loved her. I can't live with out her, so please help me. I'm 20 years old.

I'm in love with him, but my best friend holds back my decision... [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, so to cut a long story short, I have my best girlfriend, Katie, and my best guy friend Jeff. We were all best friends in high school, but they met in 2nd grade. Jeff and I started to like each other in 10th grade and tried to date throughout high school, but things did not work out because...

I'm in love with my best male friend. How can I stop? [ 4 Answers ]

My two best friends are dating. I have known him for five years, and we have been best friends the whole time. I have known her for a little under two: we have become very close as well. I met her because he dated her a few years back, and when they broke up I thought she was really nice...

There is this song, Male Artist singing to a friend helping forget a passed love ? [ 0 Answers ]

Goes something like.. . He dosen't deserve you... I'll help you forget him... I'll put my arm abound you... Take your worries away...

View more questions Search