Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SleepyxSmurf Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2006, 01:12 PM
    Should I Ask For A Second Chance?
    All right here's the situation... I had a best friend who's a guy... in the beginning he told me he had feelings for me but I was already with someone at the moment... he was fine with it and said that all he wanted was to get those feelings off his chest... so we stayed best friends for about 3 years and then I broke up with my boyfriend... things started up with my best friend and we ended up dating... we dated for about 8 months and I ended things... I just felt that we worked better as friends? He was really heartbroken and didn't talk to me for a while... I did my own thing and dated other people... but now... 4 months later I realize how much I miss him... you don't know what you have until you lose it... I've never had a better connection with anyone else... recently we've started to talk again but just as friends... it hurts to hear about him going out and having what seems like a better life without me... and I found out the other day he's seeing someone else with ironically the same name as me... its not a relationship yet though... I don't know what to do... I really want to tell him how I feel but I don't want to ruin things and hurt him a 2nd time around...
    Depressed in MO Posts: 571, Reputation: 94

Nov 1, 2006, 01:19 PM
    I personally don't think it would work out the second time either. Maybe you are in a "dry" time with your own dating life and seeing him having his own life without making it all about you for once-is altering your true feelings on your already-existing relationship with him. I would just keep his friendship for now before you lose it all.

Nov 1, 2006, 04:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Depressed in MO
    I personally don't think it would work out the second time either. Maybe you are in a "dry" time with your own dating life and seeing him having his own life without making it all about you for once-is altering your true feelings on your already-existing relationship with him. I would just keep his friendship for now before you lose it all.
    Well, the thing is I am seeing someone at the moment... and it only makes me miss my ex more because I realized what I gave up... the guy I'm seeing now is great in his own way but he's missing so many qualities that my ex has... and I was thinking and feeling this way before I started to hang out with my ex again and hearing about what he's been up to... I know I'm probably sounding really selfish about all of this... and yah, you're probably right about just keeping his friendship for now before I lose it all
    doggie_poopie Posts: 252, Reputation: 19

Nov 1, 2006, 05:56 PM
    Exactly why did you breakup with your best friend again? Your age? And his?

Nov 1, 2006, 06:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by doggie_poopie
    Exactly why did you breakup with your best friend again? Your age? and his?
    No it wasn't because of age... we're only 2 years apart... honestly I look back and I think a big part was because we moved in together and all this pressure & strain started to build... we saw each other everyday... but no real time was spent together because our work schedules were so different... and I felt that the affection & intimacy just completely disappeared... I just felt that maybe we were better off as friends... at the time I felt like I didn't love him in THAT way anymore and didn't want to drag on the relationship...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

A second Chance [ 6 Answers ]

Hello Everyone I wrote back in August about my problem, (Titled Feelings from the past) and definitely appreciated everyone's answers and the time they took to write. And yes, I did follow the advice and that is why I am here today. As suggested by everyone, I walked away and gave her space,...

Help. Do I take a chance? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm a 21 year old girl, who 2 1/2 years ago started dating a 23 year bloke called Tom. Everything was perfect with him as he was honest, kind and real gentleman to me. We lasted 4 months as he didn't know what he wanted and wanted to be single again. I was devastated as you can imagine as this...

A chance [ 3 Answers ]

I seem to have a problem when I meet a woman. I'm shy so it's difficult to come up with something to say, however when I do get nerve and initiate conversation I think things are going decent. We talk a little and they seem to like the person I am, they say things that give me the impresion they...

Need a second chance [ 19 Answers ]

I posted this earlier, and I want to see if anyone has any more advice. I met this woman 15 years ago and there has always been a chemistry between us. We married other people. I got divorced and she is now a widow. I was hurt badly in my divorce. We started seeing each other after the death of...

View more questions Search