Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    niftydolphin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2006, 12:32 PM
    Kenmore dishwasher won't heat water
    I have a new Kenmore Elite dishwasher. I have checked the water during the Hi Temp wash cycle and the sani rinse cycle and it isn't any hotter than 133 degrees, the temp of the water from my water heater. The instructions say the water should be at a minimum of 129 from the tap and I always run the water beforehand to make sure it is hot going into the appliance. Why is it not heating up the water to 155 like the instructions say it should? The sanitize light blinks after is is done, another indication that it is not heating the water.

Thank you
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2006, 12:36 PM
    What temp is your thermostat on your hot water heater set on?
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Oct 29, 2006, 12:37 PM
    Given that it's a brand new dishwasher, Id almost bet you money that there is a loose wire somewhere. This is common for machines that come from the factory to have a connector or something come undone during shipment.

However, before you tear into your dishwasher, you might want to call whoever sold it to you. Tampering with certain parts of the washer may void the warranty. Call them and see what kind of warranty they offer, if its still under a parts and labor warranty, Id call them and let them worry about it.
    niftydolphin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2006, 12:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by esquire1
    What temp is your thermostat on your hot water heater set on?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dishwasher - water murky after wash [ 1 Answers ]

After washing a load of dishes, my four year old Whirlpool dishwasher usually has murky looking water in the bottom. The dishes look clean but their final rinse was obviously with this murky water which is unappealing at best. I have an airgap, which is connected into the disposal, but the...

Dishwasher fills with water but does not wash [ 2 Answers ]

I have an old ge dishwasher, a pot scrubber. When I turn it on the water goes in it but nothing else happens. The water spraying thingy does not turn, but it continues to go through the entire cycle including the drying cycle, but all the water is still in the bottom of the dryer. What could be...

Ge dishwasher - water pump failure? [ 2 Answers ]

@ 2000 GE potscrubber It will fill with water, and drain, but it hums like an electrical motor is stuck, and no water pressure is making it to the rotator bar. Is there a pressure pump that may have failed? It appears to do everything, but spray water. Any ideas welcome. TIA Alex

No water from sink after installing dishwasher [ 1 Answers ]

I live in a house that was built in the early 1900s so the piping is really old and I didn't want to chance breaking anything so I went the cheap way out and I didn't sodder anything. I took the hose off from my hot water and added a T pipe that screws on to where the hose used to be. Left side...

View more questions Search