Ask
    pupe58 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2007, 01:49 PM
    Patio doors
    How to change roller on patio droor
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

May 18, 2007, 06:47 AM
    Can you get the door off? Some are quite heavy and may require a helper. Usually you can reach under the door, find the little wheels and push them up slightly while moving the bottom of the door outward. Just lay it on a sturdy table or sawhorses. I would recommend removing only one wheel at a time (they should both be the same wheel, just one faces left, the other face right, but you don't want to get them reversed) Take it to the hardware store to match them up. Some are held in with screws while others may be riveted. Reintsll them with the same method. Make sure the track and the channel are clean and free of debris. Let me know and good luck!
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

May 20, 2007, 07:03 PM
    You should be able to pull up on the door and lift the bottom toward the inside of the room , once the door is out there is usually a screw on the edge of the door, remove it and pull the roller straight down. Replace it the same way , put the screw back in, reistall the door, good luck , nichols trim

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Doors [ 2 Answers ]

What is the opening size I need to cut when installing a prehung door on a wall?

Windows and doors [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone have any input on comparing Silverline windows and Jeldwin windows? How does each of them rate? ALso, compare Millikin patio doors vs. Jeldwin doors. Thanks Stephanie

Shower Doors [ 2 Answers ]

I am removing my sliding shower doors. However, I need to know how to remove the frame from the bath tub? Jen

New front doors [ 6 Answers ]

Is it possible to replace the front doors and hinges without replacing the entire door casing? We are interested in replacing the front doors and are looking for an inexpensive way of doing it. :confused:

Prehung Doors [ 2 Answers ]

I have several doors areas framed out in my basement with the ceiling being low because of vents. In several of these areas doors will be installed. I am looking to install split jamb prehung interior doors but there is approximately only 1 to 1 1/2 inch of header to the ceiling. In other words the...

View more questions Search