Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MrJohnson Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2009, 10:32 PM
    New Tattoo
    Hi All,
    I'm thinking of gettting a new tattoo on my trip to the US in a couple of weeks. My question is I'm a tad hairy on my back(I know a turn off to some girls)but that's me.
    I would like to know if I get a tattoo then have laser hair removal whether that will affect the tattoo?
    It's just that I haven't got time to get the laser treatment before I go away.

Thanks

Regards MrJohnson:
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2009, 10:46 PM

Hi, MrJohnson!

Now, I'm not positive about this, but doing a quick search for Laser Hair Removal Scars, turned up some information on links of the search that you might find helpful to you in making your decision.

Here is the link.

To see some images, please click here.

Now, if there's the possibility for scarring, then I would think that it would affect the tattoo. But, maybe someone will come along who knows a lot more about that.

I wish for you only the best!

Thanks!
    mugger Posts: 191, Reputation: 26

Jan 21, 2009, 06:17 PM

Definitely get the hair removal and make sure it actually goes away because a lot of the time the laser removal of hair doesn't always work the first time. Yes the laser will affect the tattoo depending on the laser's strength- as tattoo removal is also done with a laser but at a higher strength I believe.
    mugger Posts: 191, Reputation: 26

Jan 21, 2009, 06:18 PM
    Or you could wax

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I get a tattoo? [ 8 Answers ]

I know I'm to young to be asking this but... when I get older and my dog dies I'm thinking about getting a tattoo of my dog on my back but it won't be huge or anything! Im just asking your oppion should I do it when I'm older? I love my dog so much and I think that would be a cool way of showing...

New Tattoo [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I've just had a new tattoo done on my right arm(shoulder to mid forearm) when the guy finished it looked fantastic but now that it's all healed and a few months old a few people that have looked at it have started to pick things wrong with it. Like I have a tiny...

Tattoo ink [ 2 Answers ]

Anyone know the best way to go about finding a tattoo parlor that uses hypo-allergic inks and does not have anitomony, arsenic, beryllium, cobalt, lead, lead compounds, nickel, selenium, and is animal friendly.

Tattoo ink [ 1 Answers ]

Hi can you please tell me if I am better off using the white tattoo ink before I use the black so it comes out white and not a grayish colour thanks

Tattoo is art right? [ 9 Answers ]

:o helooo, I'm deciding on getting a tattoo which will be my first ! I'm really nervous but really want one? Am finkin of one on my foot, lower back or above my nicker line got any ideas tha would be nice?? I lyk Katie Price's on her back and on her foot if any one can help wif images well...

View more questions Search