Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Afyar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2008, 10:00 PM
    I did the same mistake and my situation is like you, $75 ticket from police and $487.98 from the store and I did paid both of them but my question is: does it show on my Security Clearance? I had an interview with a government agency and they asked my authorization to check my Security Clearance
    I tried to find my answer through your answers but it didn't work please let me know if it shows on my Security Clearance or no.

Thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 20, 2008, 05:32 AM
    First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. This can lead to confusion. You should start a new thread. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

Unless you were convicted of a crime its unlikely to show on a standard background check. However a Security Clearance may do a more in depth check.

I would be upfront with the govt agency. Explain the circumstances so if it shows they won't be surprised.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2008, 05:38 AM
    Disclose EVERYTHING. If it shows up and you didn't disclose an incident with the law, your clearance will be denied.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Conditional Discharge (Security Clearance) [ 28 Answers ]

I had a few run ins with the law when I was 16. Mostly Theft Unders and Failure to complies. I ended up going to court for these charges and got into Alternative measures. Most of my charges were dropped as a result of the cops failing to appear. As for the rest of the charges, I was granted a...

Security Clearance Issues [ 5 Answers ]

Ok I am a college student in engineering. I have two jobs lined up right now, one for the summer and then one starting in the spring, both of which require security clearances. Here's the issue. Last November I shoplifted and was caught, and charged with a class C misdemeanor. I went to court and...

Security Clearance [ 2 Answers ]

To Whom It May Concern, A few years ago I went to jail for petty theft. However, I did community service so that it would not show on my record, which turned my case to disturbance of the peace. In addition, a year later I filled a motion to terminate my probation early and to obtain...

Dual Citzenship France/US - Security Clearance [ 2 Answers ]

I have dual citizenship with the US and France. I was born in France to a french mother and American father. When I turned 18 I decided to move to the US to live with my father who had since divorced my mother. I have now been living in the US for the last 26 years and have maintained my french...

My security clearance? [ 24 Answers ]

Hello, I am the one that poilice gave me ticket "OFFENCE NOTICE", Municipality ottawa, and the part of "are request to appear in court"in the ticket is empty, + from the mall security, they gave me a notice of "PROHIBITING ENTRY" TRESPASS TO PROPERTY ACT for one year. I have not received any...

View more questions Search