Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jul 5, 2008, 10:44 PM
    She pees (still)
    So I've had no luck training my chihuahua to use the pee pads. She was doing good for a while, and now all my work has seem to be undone.

Can someone please help me?

I'm not home that much, enough, but not that much. She goes for walks and such.

How can I get her re-trained? She's almost 1 1/2 years old.

Also, we are moving soon, and I want this remedied before then. Also, is there a way to PRE-treat carpet, so that she has no desire to piddle on it?
    MiK=meek Posts: 16, Reputation: -3
    -

Jul 5, 2008, 11:11 PM
    Don't know about carpet but I tell you something that work leave her out sound in her little area she learn to use it there but there are other ways give her a treat when she pee on pad and give a her a mad look when don't um take her out side at the times you notice or think she pee that way she tell you and you may also do this not best but worked 3 times let her notice how it smell when she do it since you moving anyway like if she don't pee by it but somewhere else she notice you didn't notice may cause her to get angry and won't do it unless she have to dogs are very intelligent
    Vision Expert

Jul 5, 2008, 11:15 PM
    She can't go outside, I don't have a yard.
    -

Jul 5, 2008, 11:29 PM
    Well ma'am you always can do this when I said take outside instead get to bags just in case take her to a park let her go if she poop scoop it up and keep going to you find a trash can to throw it in
    Vision Expert

Jul 5, 2008, 11:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MiK=meek
    well ma'am you always can do this when i said take outside instead get to bags just in case take her to a park let her go if she poop scoop it up and keep going to you find a trash can to throw it in
    Honey, I have three jobs, I can't afford to walk my dog every time she has to poop or pee. That's why she has pee pads, now I just need to get her to use them.
    -

Jul 5, 2008, 11:56 PM
    I ain't sure I should answer this or not but if you don't have the time do you have 5 dollars and a trustworthy 10 year old in your neighborhood who would do it
    Vision Expert

Jul 6, 2008, 01:49 PM
    I agree, you shouldn't answer this question. You think I should $5 and access to my daughter/dog and my home to a ten-year-old? Seriously? This is almost close to good advice. Unfortunately I cannot afford a doggie babysitter.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jul 6, 2008, 07:10 PM
    Hi CM! How are you girl?

What do you do when you leave her? Does she usually pee more when you are at work? Do you crate her with lots of toys that keep her occupied? I have never used crates, but I have always been able to be home, at least a few times during the day, and had a yard.

Do you dote on her before you leave, and say things like... mommy will be back after work, or... momma's going to miss youuuuu!? If you do things like that, she is going to be anxious, and then rebelious. She will fixate on the door, and every sound she hears, she might think it's you, and go back into her excited anxious mode, and then pee.

There are some products that you can buy to deter them from peeing in certain area's, but that doesn't replace training. I get a ton of doggie newsletters, so I will look and see if I can find a housebreaking one that will help for a dog that doesn't have a yard, is left alone during the day, and is not going on her pee pads.

I probably won't be able to look through it all tonight, so remind me if I don't get back to you in the next couple of days OK? I'm lucky if I remember my own name somedays! LOL!

Good Luck with your sweetie girl!
    Vision Expert

Jul 6, 2008, 07:24 PM
    Hi CM! How are you girl?

What do you do when you leave her? Does she usually pee more when you are at work? Do you crate her with lots of toys that keep her occupied? I have never used crates, but I have always been able to be home, at least a few times during the day, and had a yard.
    No, she roams around the living room and kitchen, all other rooms are shut off. She barked the whole day when she was crated. But she does have plenty of toys, food, and water. And I leave the TV on for her.

Do you dote on her before you leave, and say things like... mommy will be back after work, or... momma's going to miss youuuuu!? If you do things like that, she is going to be anxious, and then rebelious. She will fixate on the door, and every sound she hears, she might think it's you, and go back into her excited anxious mode, and then pee.
    I give her hugs and kisses, and tell her I'll be back before she knows it. So, should I just leave and ignore her? That would break my heart! But if you think it'll help....

There are some products that you can buy to deter them from peeing in certain area's, but that doesn't replace training. I get a ton of doggie newsletters, so I will look and see if I can find a housebreaking one that will help for a dog that doesn't have a yard, is left alone during the day, and is not going on her pee pads.
    That's great, thank you. I've tried all those sprays for not peeing in places, I think the urine stench is stronger than those smells now...Is there a pre-treater for carpet cleaners for this purpose?

I probably won't be able to look through it all tonight, so remind me if I don't get back to you in the next couple of days OK? I'm lucky if I remember my own name somedays! LOL!

Thanks for everything, Starby! Loves and Hugs (from us both)

Good Luck with your sweetie girl!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dog Pees In Kennel [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I have a boxer that is about 1.5 years old. I got him as a puppy and have done all the training myself. The one thing I have not been able to break him of is peeing in his kennel. He won't go anywhere in the house except in his kennel. He doesn't seem to mind toing it or laying in it. He is...

Dog pees on Dad [ 2 Answers ]

We,have a Shihtzu, a rescued 2 year old. Second owner claims found in the sreet, given to her mom,who died when dog was two. Kids & wife love dog, when he sees me home from work, he comes running tail wagging. If I touch him he pees. If I am sitting on the couch dog will lay at my,feet until I...

Cat pees outside the box [ 2 Answers ]

At the beginning of July, my cat started urinating outside the box. She will be three in September, and she is a Ragdoll that (yay lost the weight!) is 12 pounds, if that is relevant. The earliest vet appointment I could get was last Friday, about 4 days after this started. The vet said her...

Puppy pees maybe a little too much? [ 1 Answers ]

Callie is 11 weeks old now. She has been doing very good with her potty training. She knows where she's supposed to do her business and loves the praise she gets for doing it. Whenever I take her outside she normally pees like 3 times in probably 3 minutes while she's out there. And when I am...

My Cav pees and poops [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1 1/2 yr old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, who is the most adorable. He is potty trained though not completely reliable. He won't mess on my main level however he will go to the basement and do his job. For the most part he goes to the door and sits down or scratches the door to be let...

View more questions Search