Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deerfisherman Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2006, 08:43 PM
    Vaccines for newborn beagles
    Wondering what age to vaccinate newborn beagle pups? Some say at 2 weeks and some say at 6 weeks. Also, what age to worm pups and which worms do we need to worm for? Thank you
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2006, 06:17 AM
    How soon to vacinate and worm depends on how much exposure the puppies have to other dogs and animals. Ones kept in the house and the mother restricted to a fenced yard to relieve herself might better go a single DHLPP at 6 weeks. Ones outside in a barn may need earlier, repeated ones. With good sanitation, They may not need wormed unless checked by a vet and worms are found.

A vet check for the mother and the pups might be a good idea. Neither I nor any of the regulars here have much whelping experience. I would not depend the advice from some web site you may be directed to. It is easier to find web sites than evaluate them. I have followed links posted here to subjects I know well, and many of them are very poor. Some are merely weak, but others are outright dangerous.

You lack experience and training. I have a lot of experience and training, but it is heavilly weigthted towards caring for puppies after they are past 6 weeks and go to their new homes. Nobody knows everything. Your best source of reliable advice is a local vet. Beware of people that sound like they know more than they do. I do not know anywhere else you can count on getting good advice on new born puppies.

When they are a little older and getting into the area I know well, come back, or send the people getting the puppies.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Custody & visitation for newborn [ 4 Answers ]

I need advise. My pregnant wife and were married less than two months when she asked for a separation and now divorce. I did not want either, but she is unwilling to work it out. She now wants to draw up the separation notice to include strict visitation. I want to be fully involved in my child’s...

Newborn Puppies with Fleas, PLEASE help [ 6 Answers ]

My Jack Russell Terrier just had her first set of 3 healthy male puppies. They are only 2 weeks old, and their eyes have just now began to open. They have a MAJOR flea problem. I know all puppies have fleas but I mean its so bad I end up flea combing 20 off at a time and many more, and I flea comb...

Newborn kittens [ 2 Answers ]

My female cat gave birth to 4 kittens approximately 5 hours ago and is ignoring them. She goes into the box if someone goes into the room but other than that she seems more concerned with her 4 month old kittens, bathing and mothering them. Any help?

Newborn kittens [ 4 Answers ]

My 9 month old kitten has just had kittens(:eek: ) but she keeps leaving them and wondering around the house everyhour or so is this normal or is she rejecting them although she is still feeding them. And also when can we pick the kittens up and stroke them.

Mother cat/newborn kitten question [ 2 Answers ]

Our cat gave birth to 5 kittens 11 days ago. All of them look very healthy and active. We have them in a very large rubber container 4 feet long/2 feet wide/2 feet tall that the mother can easily jump out of when she needs a break. We also have bedding on the bottom. We have fed the mother 2-3...

View more questions Search