Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    robertjaylee Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2010, 04:11 PM
    Where can I buy a Johnson Tee?
    Plumbing suppliers here in L.A. just look at me and ask what drugs I'm on.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 21, 2010, 04:43 PM

You might want to look here :

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/plumbi...-t-141044.html

Johnson Tee Illustration

Oct 21, 2010, 05:18 PM
    Comment on califdadof3's post
    Thanks, califdadof3 - but I know what it is - I want to buy one, but locally they are not available - do you know of an internet site, maybe in seattle, where I can order one?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 21, 2010, 06:14 PM

Have you gone to home depot or lowe's or whatever stores you have out there and asked them for the pieces to make a washer stand pipe?

That is what a johnson tee is. Its terminology. So if you know what you want and the lengths of pipe you can make one. See either of those posts for instructions.

Its not an actual off the shelf item.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 21, 2010, 06:38 PM

Ya don't just purchase a Johnson Tee you build them.
    And you wish to install one because?? Cheers, Tom
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 21, 2010, 07:22 PM

Agree with above posts: you cannot buy Johnson Tee, you build it using rough materials. Besides, You drain Dishwasher using garbage disposer, not Johnson Tee.

I question legality of Johnson Tee in Los Angeles. Call L.A.Building Dept. between 7:30 and 8:00 AM and ask any Inspector who will pick up the phone. There are tons of phone numbers listed - but if you dial 311, City Services Operator will transfer you to the right department.

Oct 21, 2010, 07:28 PM
    Thanks, guys, but I think it is something you can buy, 'cause I once was on the site where they manufacture and sell 'em, but I can't find it now - as far as makin'em goes, as far as I know, it's not just a 'tee', but also includes an integrated backflo preventer which diverts the undesired backflo outside, instead of back into your dishwasher - cobbling all that together with plastic is possible, but not too purty - an' the reason why I want to install it is that I don't want an ugly air-gap on my sink an' there's not a lotta room under my sink fer a loop an' if it starts ovwerflowin' outside, it'll stink up my neighbor's yard an' he's a jerk who deserves all the misery he can git, anyway
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 21, 2010, 07:36 PM

If you don't want to air-gap than you can high-loop your Dishwasher drain and connect it into you Garbage Disposer or directly into the drain using Branch T and connecting it before the trap. See the drawing...
    Attached Images

speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 22, 2010, 06:49 AM

I think it is something you can buy, 'cause I once was on the site where they manufacture and sell 'em, but I can't find it now
    When you find it please link us up so we can tell Google because they can't find it either in the meantime you might want to study how a Johnson Tee is constructd, Just in case. Cheers, Tom
    PS** I'n with Milo, Install a high loop.
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Johnson tee air gap [ 3 Answers ]

Where can I buy a johnson tee air gap?

What is a johnson tee [ 1 Answers ]

What is a johnson tee? What is its applications in regards to appliances

Dishwasher hookup to Johnson Tee [ 3 Answers ]

My house (Seattle area) has a Johnson Tee for the dishwasher. Turns out the air vent was never installed properly (20 years now) but it has worked fine so far. I'm curious if I'm supposed to loop the dishwasher drain hose up high on the back of the unit before attaching it to the Johnson Tee. ...

Johnson & Johnson Co what method do they use [ 2 Answers ]

The question is - What method does Johnson & Johnson uses - Indirect for direct method base on there financial statements?

Sanitary Tee Vs and Tee w/ longer sweep [ 2 Answers ]

It seems obvious, but I wonder what the logic is behind the use of a short radius elbow or sanitary tee vs one of the long sweep elbows or tees in a sewer rough in. Is it only for lines w/ solids or large volumes in laterals or drains? Or are the longer sweeps more for vertical stack...

View more questions Search