Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gymnast6394 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2007, 03:02 PM
    Growing up
    Hello.
    I am 13 years old and in the 7th grade. I have just started to have to shave my armipits and I have been shaving my legs for years. I have also just started sweating a lot to. Is that just part of growing up or is it that I need different deoderant now that I started to shave. I have had really bad stains under my arms. It is so bad that I need to bring an extra shirt to school to change into half way through the day. PLEASE HELP.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2007, 03:58 PM
    Gymnast, you are very smart to be asking questions. No one tells us anything about the aging process unless we ask.

Yes, honey, as we mature, our body's chemistry changes. I think it would be a wise idea to switch to an antiperspirant/deodorant. That should help. One of the other things you may want to do is bring the antiperspirant and a small bottle of baby powder with cornstarch in it with you to school and put it in your locker. The added cornstarch also helps keep you dry. Between classes, or after gym class, use the antipersp and then the baby powder. You are at an age where your hormones and sweat glands are really kicking in, and sometimes you have to use more than one application a day to keep dry.
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2007, 04:02 PM
    Well you sound like normal, healthy 13 year old girl! If you are having excessive sweating(which is normal for some people) then you may need to get a prescription deodorant. The Secret brand deodorant has a new clinical strength product out now... this may help you! Good luck!:D
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2007, 05:47 PM
    Oh yes! You are totally normal with some excessive sweat production. The anti-perspirant is perhaps more of an issue at the moment-you need something to close the sweat pores to prevent the "just washed underarms" look!

As a teen I had the same issue-it's embarrassing I KNOW. As an adult the sweat production has declined a little more to controllable levels-this will happen to you too most likely-it will take time though.

The anti perspirants mentioned above (even a doctor-one as stated may be a better option for you).

Kind regards!
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

May 31, 2007, 05:49 PM
    It's very normal my dear!

It takes awhile to find a deoterant that will suit your needs, but no to worry, it's all part of growing up.
    :)
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2007, 05:49 PM
    Tou are normal. I found that if you use mennan unsented gel antipersperant/deoderant works best (mens formula)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I growing? [ 33 Answers ]

Ok, here is the deal: I have been married for 11 years, I love my husband and my 4 kids. I am changing mentally, from what I used to believe to what I believe to day. My husband is a strong republican, so I was one too. I can't say that I disagree with him entirely, but my views on politics...

Growing Trees [ 6 Answers ]

I have just received Three new trees. Two blue Spruce and a Silver Maple. All are about 2 foot high (includes roots), question is, should I plant them right into the ground now or plant them in a pot and let them mature a little bit (and if so, how long)? Thanks for the time.:)

Growing Ivy [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I are going to paint our house and one side of the house is almost completely covered in ivy and I think the only way to paint that side of the house is to very carefully take the ivy down and when they're done put it back with those ties that they sell at the nursery. It seems like...

Growing the new land [ 2 Answers ]

Dear I have a land and I want to plant it. I would like to gudie me through these question 1- what is the best kind of vegetables or fruites can I do? 2- what is the cost ? 3- which kind of vegetables or fruites that will give a huge quantity ? Thanks for helping

View more questions Search