Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katie-edwards123 Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Dec 28, 2007, 06:58 AM
    Slimquick powder?
    So it's only my second day doing the slimquick diet for women , it's the one that comes in little packets to add into your water bottle and you of course have to count your calories and exercise as well I was just wondering if anyone has done this before and if it worked out for you? I want to lose weight as quickly as possible.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 29, 2007, 07:57 AM
    When I was younger I really enjoyed the SlimFast programme whereby the powder was added to 8 ozs. Of skim milk. They had a diet plan included which was quite reasonable and suggested you eat regular meals, etc. but count calories. I don't know the name you mentioned but SlimFast always worked for me when I wanted to lose a few pounds along the way.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2007, 08:04 AM
    Well, if that is you in the picture... I can't see how you need to loose weight. Remember the less fat you have the harder it is to loose. My husband used slim fast to replace 2 meals a day and was a huge pain in the butt because he was not eating enough. Just make sure you get plenty of veggies, whole grains some protein and fruits.

Dec 30, 2007, 07:47 AM
    Okay thanks and yeah I'm about 120 pounds or something and just want to loose a little bit of the stomach, and it's not the slimfast with milk it's actually the powder you add to water its meant for only women because it has hormones and all that in it too... hopefully it works though, I tried the one where you add it with mil but milk is expensive and I was going through lots of it lol
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2007, 07:54 AM
    Calcium is vital for your bones.. if you are not drinking milk make sure you are getting it through other foods. Not enough calcium intake and your body will pull it from your bones... this is what causes brittle bones, humped back.. osteoporsis. I believe it effects women more so than men.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2007, 08:52 AM
    If you take calcium supplements you need to take magnesium and D3 to help it absorb so you don't end up with stones and spurs.

Jan 2, 2008, 07:38 AM
    I see... well I drink a lot of milk usually anyway but I just wanted to know if anybody tried the juice packets of slimquick because now I've been on it for a week and I've lost 5 pounds so far but it makes me not that hungry anymore which is so weird to me but has anyone tried this before it's the mixed berries fruit drink for women, its also supposed to help you keep your boobs too.. hopefully that works at least
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jan 2, 2008, 06:05 PM
    I just wanted to clarify that she was talking about SLIMQUICK not SLIMFAST. EIther way, I've never met anyone that was 120 and overweight. My goal weight IS 120. I'm 5'3. How old and tall are you?
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2008, 06:27 PM
    Even though diet pill companies are completely aware that it is the caffeine that is doing all the work in their products, they hide that fact from the consumer. The fact is, if you take caffeine your metabolic rate will go up, and you will burn more calories. We all know the potential kickbacks however, your metabolic rate will eventually dip below normal and caffeine is addictive.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 2, 2008, 06:29 PM
    That's not how to lose weight in your stomach.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jan 2, 2008, 06:30 PM
    Try exercising... sit ups are real effective. Remember to breathe in while coming up..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Slimquick diet [ 7 Answers ]

Does slimquick really work?

Chili powder [ 1 Answers ]

Can some one please help me find the history of chili powder I'm supposed to right a paper for culinary and I'm having a hard time find important info on chili powder if you can help me id really really really appreciate it

Black powder [ 2 Answers ]

My mozzeloader is an old style flint lock it does not have a firing pin like say your center fire rifle yes its gun,, but so is an air rifle what am getting at is how can I be charged with a felony fire arm when there is no firing pin a mozzeloder is primetive weapon much like a bow and arrow in...

Protein Powder [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I was wondering would know if a protein powder can be harmful passed its expiration date? Thanks, Rik

Powder Coating [ 3 Answers ]

I am installing solid iron gates at a home a few hundred feet from a (brakish water) river in Florida. I had the gates powder coated and requested a satin or (at the most) a semi-gloss finish of about 15% to 30% gloss. Instead, the power coater did the gates in a high gloss. He claims that...

View more questions Search