Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cornedbeef Posts: 152, Reputation: 4

Aug 6, 2007, 07:34 AM
    Low on virtual memory
    Hi all,
    I regularly get the message that the virtual memory is too low. What is virtual memory and is there anything I can do to prevent it happening in the first place?
    Thanks Richard.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 6, 2007, 08:06 AM
    Virtual memory is a section of your hard drive that is used as an overflow pool for your RAM. This article should help you understand it better and maybe fix it:

Howstuffworks "How Virtual Memory Works"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Virtual Memory Low [ 8 Answers ]

Hello Sometimes, when I have been playing on a computer game on my system, an error message is displayed saying Virtual Memory Low. Although this doesn't always crash the game it makes my computer extra slow and very annoying!! Any suggestions to 1. Stop this message occurring (ie solve...

Virtual memory low [ 10 Answers ]

Lately I have been getting a message that the virtual memory is too low. Does anyone know what this mean and how can I solve the problem?

Virtual memory [ 2 Answers ]

How do I get more virtual memory? My computer says that I am low on virtual memory.

Low Virtual Memory [ 6 Answers ]

Guys, when I'm on the computer, once in a while I would get this message stating that I'm low on virtual memory and windows is going to increase the memory. And other times it tells me to delete some old files on my C drive to make more space, but I don't want to delete my files. The only other...

Page File - Need Virtual Memory [ 1 Answers ]

I started my computer one day and before my desktop appears a box comes up saying my page file is too small, and more space needs to be added.  I right clicked My Computer and the Advanced tab and Performance options, Change, and now have my initial page size at 600MB and max at 1000.  I still get...

View more questions Search