Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Elpida Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Apr 20, 2007, 07:50 AM
    Hibernation mode
    Hello,
    I have two laptops, one HP and one Toshiba, both very new editions. But only my Toshiba laptop has the hibernation mode on it. Is it possible to add this mode to a computer?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 20, 2007, 07:55 AM
    Hibernation is a function of Windows and the hardware. All laptops with XP or Vista on them have it. Check the Power Saving settings under Control Panel. See how they are set in the Toshiba, then set them similarly in the HP.
    Elpida Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Apr 20, 2007, 07:58 AM
    Got it! Thanks Scot

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When do snakes come out of hibernation? [ 11 Answers ]

My kids and I love to catch snakes in the summertime. Some rat snakes and garders but mostly water snakes: Queens and Northerns, which we typically find under rocks in creeks and rivers. In my area (central ohio) it gets very cold, so I do understand that they hibernate... but I'm not finding...

Furnace turns off at 'ON' mode and will not operate at 'AUTO' mode [ 6 Answers ]

The furnace will not turns on at "ON' mode. After some reading, I thought it would be the pilot light that has gone out. I re-lighted the pilot light to see blue-red flame, but the furnace will turn off AGAIN after 3-4 hrs. Replaced a new Honeywell non-programmable thermostat today with the...

Furnace turns off at 'ON' mode and will not operate at 'AUTO' mode [ 2 Answers ]

The furnace will not turns on at "ON' mode. After some reading, I thought it would be the pilot light that has gone out. I re-lighted the pilot light to see blue-red flame, but the furnace will turn off AGAIN after 3-4 hrs. Replaced a new Honeywell non-programmable thermostat today with the...

No safe mode [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 3 yr old Compaq desktop with 98SE on it. It keeps locking up and when I try to start in safe mode, it locks also. Any ideas on what the problem is? :confused:

More background mode [ 1 Answers ]

Firstly,thanks for your replies. If I write a program using MFC or API and I need to set my program become a background mode running application,how I carry out it?

View more questions Search