Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tiggerella Posts: 184, Reputation: 13

Apr 13, 2008, 03:21 PM
    Should I stop talking to him for the sake of his marriage?
    I'm a happily married woman who has never cheated on my husband in the 27 years we've been together - 25 of that married. Our relationship is so solid that, when a former love interest of mine recently got back into contact with me through another web site, I was able to tell my husband about the contact without repercussions. You see, this former friend is out of work due to a work related injury very similar to one I suffered several years ago. At the time I hurt myself at work and needed someone to sound off to, some of my friends who had been through similar issues helped me through, and if not for their companionship, I may not have made it through to where I am today. I'm "paying it forward" by helping him through the same way I was helped in the hopes he can do the same at some point for someone else.

The problem here is that he hasn't been as lucky with his relationships as I have, and his current wife was divorced before. Because of her prior relationship, she doesn't have the trust factor my husband does, so he is afraid to let her know we are talking - even though it is a perfectly innocent exchange of details about the injury and not a renewal of our past infatuations. I want to help him out, but don't want to see him get divorced because he was helped by a female friend. (Something tells me that, if I were male, there would be no issues... )

I'd like to hear from the non-psychics about your thoughts on the matter - and from the psychics as to whether he's playing on my sympathies for a reason I can't yet foresee. (FYI, he would have known nothing of the details of my injury, so I believe him when he tells me the details of his because they are so close to a match... )

Thanks.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 13, 2008, 04:22 PM
    Stay back, a relationship with a female can normally only hurt a already rocky relationship. If he needs help there are professoinal couselors, religoiius leaders to take to and more
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2008, 06:27 PM
    You could tell him that you do not want to cause a problem with his relationship and so you will write him a detailed letter on things you went through, what you did and how you handled it and then the wife is free to read it and see that it is innocent.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Apr 19, 2008, 06:06 AM
    In my opinon, maybe asking your friend to have his wife read your previous conversations, and then sit in on a few more, to get to know you and your intentions. It just might ease her mind. If she herself, gets to know that you are only there to give advice as an old friend, she might feel safe with that, and in turn gain more trust in her husband.

Trust is a big issue when you have gone through a relationship and have gotten burned. I think this may be a good opportunity for your friend to show her that he can talk to other women on a friendship level, without there being an ulterior motive.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get people to stop talking about me? [ 5 Answers ]

Well I'm a sophomore in high school and I just moved to a different school away from all of my old friends. I have a lot of new friends but not as many as I used to have and I don't really know that many people at my school. Well anyway some of the girls at my school just don't like me for some...

Her ex-boyfriend won't stop talking to her. [ 34 Answers ]

Okay, so I've been daiting my girlfriend for 9 months now. Everythings fine. We've been through some stuff, but we always pull through and still together. I'm pretty much in love with her, she is my first love and I love it. I love everything about her. She loves me too. And we have plans for the...

What is the best way to stop the complaining and talking back? [ 7 Answers ]

What are the best disapline methods for a child that just seems unggreatful and rude constantly.

How to get your parents to stop talking to you? [ 7 Answers ]

How do you deal with parents that have a negative impact on you? All they do is show their disappointment. Compare me to different people and tell me I'm no good. Worse than all these people. They manage to do all these things... what have you achieved? Nothing. You such a waste. And so on. That...

View more questions Search