Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jrry660 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2010, 12:01 PM
    Cambridge electric fireplace
    I just bought a new electric fireplace from Home Depot. It is item #16496. It has the fake flame look, 2 heaters, a fan, and temp. control. It heats the place nicely, but I am starting to hate it because when I set the temp. control and the temp. is reached in the room, the heater turns off (which is good), but the stupid fan keeps running! Is this how things junk is supposed to work or should the fan also stop?
    KUXJ Posts: 975, Reputation: 97

Jan 24, 2010, 12:40 PM

Hi! j660, welcome to AMHD :)

The fan may continue to run, to keep the room air circulating.
    Does seem strange though...

Re-read your manual or call the orange to talk to the manager to find out.
    jamesclinard06 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2013, 10:35 PM
    Hello jrry660

Good day to you. I am James Clinard. I am new in this forum and I am looking forward in exchanging different ideas and knowledge with you.

Anyway, about your problem out there, you know what the fan usually keeps on working while the heater is on. It is to regulate the temperature inside your house. It is to keep the heat all around your house. But as KUXJ said, refer on your manual and see if it is really normal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My New Cambridge Electric Fireplace(stove) Squeaks [ 11 Answers ]

Just got myself a Cambridge Elecrtic fireplace, and when I have the lights on (flames) I can hear a sqeak squeak, like a wheel having to turn. I no nothing about Electric fireplaces, and I'm wondering if they're suppose to squeak when the fake flames are going. It's very distracting, and I'm...

Cambridge electric heaters electric use cost [ 1 Answers ]

How much does it cost too run heater?

Electric fireplace heater [ 2 Answers ]

The fake flames are one switch and the heater is on another, I have th turn the heater off and on many times before it will run quietly, most of the time it squeaks then kicks its self off, why

Electric fireplace [ 1 Answers ]

My electric fire place heats up for only 5 minutes or so. Is it the thermostate and how do I change it

View more questions Search