Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joe0205 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2008, 04:52 AM
    Wiring new compressor contactor
    Hi, thank you for looking at my post. My old contactor has 2 sets of 2 posts on one side (see picture http://www.arnoldservice.com/burnt%20contactor.jpg ) and my new contactor has 2 posts on opposite sides of the contactor (see picture http://images.grainger.com/images/products/5B133.JPG ). My question, referring to the first picture, is where will the light blue and yellow wires will go on the new contactor. Thank you for your time.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Sep 10, 2008, 05:03 AM
    The wires you are talking about are for low voltage. The are the wires that activate the contactor as controlled by the thermostat.

The two tabs on the left side of the new unit pictured are the 24 volt connections for the new contactor. They are placed side by side.
    Joe0205 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2008, 12:37 PM
    Thanks! It is working now.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Sep 10, 2008, 02:52 PM
    Good deal. Glad you got it going

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring a ac contactor [ 8 Answers ]

Im having a problem figgering out where these wires go on my 2 prong contactor I have 2 violet wire and 2 red wires and a black and red wire I've looked and looked and found no giudes or diagrams showing where they go can anyone help me :confused:

Compressor Contactor chattering? [ 13 Answers ]

Hello all, I have been trying to find out some answers for my cooling problem. I have a Rheem A/C unit that as of yesterday has worked fine. When I switch my theromstat to cool I get the blower to start, but the outdoor unit will not fire up. I replaced the compressor contactor hoping that was...

Disconnected compressor wiring [ 2 Answers ]

I was doing some remodeling and a wire that I thought didn't go anywhere was actually connected to my outdoor unit. And of course, I didn't write down how it was wired since I was positive the wire wasn't connected anymore thinking it went to an old secondary thermostat. I have a Bryant heat...

Wiring for air compressor mtr [ 1 Answers ]

I have a very old air compressor with a dayton motor. When I got it someone had robbed the pressure switch from it and just cut the wires. Model no. 6K969E. 230 volt, 32 amp. I can't seem to figure out the wiring and I really don't want to smoke the motor. It also has a thermal protection switch....

Cost of compressor contactor [ 2 Answers ]

I just received a quote to have my compressor contactor( I hope this is the right spelling ) replaced for my heat pump/ac. I would like to know if this is a reasonable quote. Thanks in advance for your help. Thanks, John

View more questions Search