Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2011, 11:07 AM

If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,” Obama said in Philadelphia last night. “Because from what I understand, folks in Philly like a good brawl. I’ve seen Eagles fans.”
    Obama brings a gun to a knife fight - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2011, 11:14 AM

Kudos to 74 year old retired Army Colonel Bill Badger who helped subdue Jared Loughner.

There was a couple standing next to me and I was speaking to them. When he started to shoot, I remember stepping back a little. I would say he was about 25 feet away from me," Badger said. "I turned and saw him running down the line of people on the chairs. He ran between me and the store. Someone hit him with a chair and he flinched a little. That's when I grabbed his left arm. Someone grabbed his right arm and we got him to the ground. The other guy put his knee into the back of his neck and I grabbed him around the throat. We held him until police got there.
    Man with ties to Schuylkill County says he helped subdue Arizona shooter - News - Republican Herald
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2011, 11:16 AM

Hello again, tom:

Ok, I got it. It's a distinction you refuse, or are unable to make.

excon
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2011, 11:48 AM

Democrat Senate candidate Harry Mitchell puts opponent JD Hayworth in the 'crosshairs '.

YouTube - Democrat Harry Mitchell Places Opponent in Crosshairs

DLC "target" Republicans map
    So Democrats can use a "crosshairs" map to target R... on Twitpic
    (using real target symbols... not surveyor symbols )
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2011, 11:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Democrat Senate candidate Harry Mitchell puts opponent JD Hayworth in the 'crosshairs '.

YouTube - Democrat Harry Mitchell Places Opponent in Crosshairs
    LOL! Do you just copy/paste or actually visit these links? Read the comments, especially the most voted up comment.
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2011, 12:10 PM

Why would I waste my time reading the comments on a Youtube ?
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2011, 02:29 PM
    Since Huffpo won't allow me to reference their own use of the targeting metaphor against the Tea Party, I'm posting it here:

Democrats Target Tea Party-Backed Candidates On Social Issues
    Attached Images

NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2011, 03:17 PM
    Now you find all uses of the word "target" offensive? Really?
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2011, 03:19 PM

Yeah... the Kossaks have been scrubbing their site too. Markos Moulitsas put a "target" on Giffords too.
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2011, 03:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Now you find all uses of the word "target" offensive? Really?
    Not me. I understand the marshal metaphor has been a part of our history since... well... at least since we decided the national anthem should have rockets and bombs .
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2011, 03:49 PM

It doesn't offend me either. I told a Huffposer that both sides and the media use such imagery and found it right there on Huffpo... who decided they didn't want their secret out whilst everyone was busy knee-capping Sarah Palin. Even the irony of eviscerating Palin while decrying violent rhetoric is lost on them.

By the way, the award for the most ridiculous 'logic' behind the shooting so far goes to Rep. James Clyburn, who blames it on the reading of the constitution in the House.

“All [of] this stuff taking place in the Chambers the other day, when the Constitution was being read — all that stuff is uncalled for,” Rep. Clyburn (D-SC) told the Ed Schultz radio program.
    Also kind of ironic that he was making that comment on the show of the guy who last week vowed to "fight these (Republican) bastards " every night on his show.
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2011, 06:00 PM

From all that I've read ,this clown has had a grudge against Giffords since 2007... long before the Tea Party and Palin came on the scene. He met her at one of these meet your Rep gatherings then where he asked her a question ,and did not like her answer.

Ed Schultz... hmm... now there's someone who doesn't flame!!
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2011, 05:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    from all that I've read ,this clown has had a grudge against Giffords since 2007 ....long before the Tea Party and Palin came on the scene. He met her at one of these meet your Rep gatherings then where he asked her a question ,and did not like her answer.

Ed Schultz ....hmm .....now there's someone who doesn't flame !!!
    Ed Shultz makes Sergant Shultz look like a Rhodes Scholar. THe Motto of his show is "If you can't Dazzle them with Brilliance, baffle them with bullsh*t"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

SS rep payee [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm trying to find an agency in NYC that can serve as a representative payee for social security - the local SS office (as well as online) is useless! I don't know where to begin? Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks much, H

View more questions Search