Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Jul 25, 2007, 04:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by METERRE
    I've gone to catholic churches all throughout my life because my parents took me, the sad thing is that i can tell just by looking at a glance around the room, that atleast 60% of the people there don't quite have anything to be doing there. Not trying to offend them in any way but i think it's the truth. I mean, women fixing their hair, scolding their restless children, guys looking at girls. Minds wandering off, chatter, in shorter words, their mind and soul aren't focused on the point of being there. So i guess what i'm saying is, i haven't seen 50 people at once in which i would ever trust with my life.
    I sit in my church, and I can actually count about 50 people who are intent on what the pastor is saying and who either pray or sing and who all believe.
    mountain_man Posts: 269, Reputation: 45

Jul 30, 2007, 11:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Freethinka
    How much longer before he come back,
    anyone know, let me know please...

Does Jesus live? Yes, He is alive, raised from the dead on the third day after his crucificaxtion by the Romans. That is FACT and History, proven. His is the only tomb that is empty!

How much longer before he come back? No one knows. So live each day as the ulitmate special guest (Jesus Christ) would and could be arriving.

It is clear that you are very torn between two sides of yourself; shown by your questions and responses but also by referencing yourself in the third person.

Before Jesus was crucified Pilate asked Him a question:

36 Jesus answered, “My Kingdom is not an earthly kingdom. If it were, my followers would fight to keep me from being handed over to the Jewish leaders. But my Kingdom is not of this world.”

37 Pilate said, “So you are a king?”

Jesus responded, “You say I am a king. Actually, I was born and came into the world to testify to the truth. All who love the truth recognize that what I say is true.”

Jesus responded that people who love the truth hear what He is saying is true. I think you seek the TRUTH not just answers. I would recommend that you would pray that the TRUTH would be revealed to you personally.

We can all give our opinions and debate but what it comes down to is what you hear and hopefully that ends up being the TRUTH
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2007, 11:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mountain_man
    That is FACT and History, proven. His is the only tomb that is empty!!
    Well I wouldn't go as far as saying it is fact and is proven. It is written up in a book that man wrote. People don't even know where the grave was.
    mountain_man Posts: 269, Reputation: 45

Jul 30, 2007, 12:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Well I wouldn;t go as far as saying it is fact and is proven. It is written up in a book that man wrote. People don't even know where the grave was.

So ALL historic events have been proven beyond being written in a book by man? ALso can you disprove that this event took place? Because this event was witnessed by many people when it occurred... and written down like many other events in history
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Aug 1, 2007, 12:29 AM
    I agree with you mountain man :) and those people that wrote the bible were inspired by God, in so much that I could actually say that God used their hands to write the bible, to the unbeliever this might sounds foolish, but what is foolish to sinners is greatness to God
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2007, 12:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mountain_man
    So ALL historic events have been proven beyond being written in a book by man? ALso can you disprove that this event took place? Becuase this event was witnessed by many people when it occurred...and written down like many other events in history
    You're correct, of course, all of our knowledge of the past comes from human writing and as such is very liable to bias and fabrication. Historians accept this and it is their job to determine what happened and what didn't. Your point doesn't back up the Bible as truth as I think you think it does, but you point out that the rest of history could be innaccurate in places, which is widely accepted. Of course we have archaeological and relical evidence for much of history, too, not just human writings, this helps to make sure that the words are accurate.
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Aug 1, 2007, 07:08 PM
    There is archaeological and relical evidence to the bible, as the places described in it are all real and many of them have been found.
    budgiebreeder Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Aug 4, 2007, 10:26 AM
    Im muslim and I can tell some true facts from our holly Quran... the story is as GOD delivered it to prophet Muhamed " Jesus ,the son of virgin Mary was not killed nor was he hung or anything but instead another man who looked exactly like him and GOD has made Jesus and his spirit rise to him so people thought he was killed ,Jesus is also now alive but up in heaven and when the signs of the end of the world come ,Jesus will come down and will kill a very evil creature not sure if he's human who will have like magic powers and will try to make people believe that his god and then Jesus would die on earth land after he kills that creature and then life would end and every person would go to either heaven or hell )

Hope its helpful and its true :)
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2007, 11:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by budgiebreeder
    Im muslim and I can tell some true facts from our holly Quran...the story is as GOD delivered it to prophet Muhamed " Jesus ,the son of virgin Mary was not killed nor was he hung or anything but instead another man who looked exactly like him and GOD has made Jesus and his spirit rise to him so people thought he was killed ,Jesus is also now alive but up in heaven and when the signs of the end of the world come ,Jesus will come down and will kill a very evil creature not sure if he's human who will have like magic powers and will try to make people believe that his god and then Jesus would die on earth land after he kills that creature and then life would end and every person would go to either heaven or hell )

Hope its helpful and its true :)
    budgiebreeder,
    What you are talking about is the AntiChrist or the Dajjal as muslims call it.

And what you say is true that Jesus (Peace be upon him) will return to earth near the end of times as muslims believe and all those who has been lying about him will see the truth.
    And after the AntiChrist is killed there will be peace on earth for a long time as muslims believe and after that (no ones know when) will come the day of Resurrection.

:)
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2007, 01:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cal823
    there is archaeological and relical evidence to the bible, as the places described in it are all real and many of them have been found.
    I don't think many dispute the fact that many of the places names are real.
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Aug 4, 2007, 03:29 PM
    Just putting this out there Revalations was written by a man who was trapped on a desserted island without any food or water. How do we know it's true- perhaps he was hallucinating, or maybe because he was dying he thought he saw G-d and the end of the world coming. How can you be sure that the end of the world is coming at all? How do you know that the Messiah has already come...
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2007, 03:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gernald
    Just putting this out there Revalations was written by a man who was trapped on a desserted island without any food or water. How do we know it's true- perhaps he was hallucinating, or maybe because he was dying he thought he saw G-d and the end of the world comming. How can you be sure that the end of the world is comming at all? How do you know that the Messiah has already come...
    Are you asking specifically for a christian viewpoint? Or...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Late 80s/ Early 90s Live Action Children's Show [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for a Late 80s/ Early 90s Live Action Children's Show. I could have been for all ages, but I remember it had American actors, but I watched it on a British children's channel. I took place in what looked like the future. It feature a brother and sister. The boy looked a lot like...

Will my dismissed case show up on LIVE SCAN? [ 4 Answers ]

I have an excellent job opportunity that has come up but requires LIVE SCAN and a background check. My concern is that I have a past conviction (theft) that was eventually expunged/dismissed by my lawyer and a plea of not guilty was entered. The expungement was granted by the court about 10 years...

Live with mom- want to live with dad across country [ 3 Answers ]

I live with my mom with my 3 siblings. She has full custody. My dad is getting married and moving to California. I want to go with him. He knows that and says its OK if my mom says its OK. If my mom says no, what happens? Do I go to court? Do I easily loose if I don't have a ligitiment reason to...

80's TV show with live action fairy tale characters [ 2 Answers ]

I remember and have been trying to find the name of an 80's TV show about a fairy tale princess trying to live in the 1980's she was snow white or a rip off snow white... it was very short lived and I believe it was on at night.

Wife works and live in nj, I live and work in ny [ 1 Answers ]

Due to my job in nyc, I have to maintain a residence nyc. I rent not own a house in nyc. My wife lives in a house with our kids in nj and also works there. How do we file for taxes.:confused:

View more questions Search