Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Apr 25, 2010, 03:59 PM

Still says it doesn't work...
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2010, 04:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    It's hard not to think about tomorrow. The minute I get off work, I start thinking about how I have to go back the next day.
    I know that feeling all too well, secondary school and college, unfortunately I didn't have a way out, so my mind created 'safety procedures' to help me cope and survive that are still with me to this day, even though the situation has changed and I'm now in Uni, I still do the same things.

I don't want that to happen to you, and (although this sounds bad) I'm really happy that you won't have to put up with it for much longer and have a way out so to speak.
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2010, 04:05 PM
    Still says it doesn't work...
    Click on one of the links on thatpage, like site index
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2010, 04:06 PM
    http://joy2meu.com/Personal_Boundaries.htm

Sorry,don't know what happened, I am using Google Chrome,not my usual Firefox.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 25, 2010, 04:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by albear View Post
    you wont have to put up with it for much longer and have a way out so to speak.
    Think of it this way, Bella: you have a bright future -- places to go and things to do and lots to discover, while your coworkers are fated to stay right where they are in their own probably miserable little pond. If I were you, I would have a big smile on my face at work and let them wonder what there is to smile about. Now you can afford to be the bigger person and do like the Bible says: "Heap coals of fire on their heads."

And you've got us; we've got each other (but they don't).
    Dogs Expert

Apr 25, 2010, 04:20 PM

You are right WG. I'm going to give it a try tomorrow. I am going to try and do the exact opposite of what I normally do. Seeing as I already feel like the Constansa of the work place, I may as well take his advice. So when I would normally get right bummed out, I am going to try and smile, think about this thread.Thanks for the link Ken.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 25, 2010, 04:23 PM
    So when I would normally get right bummed out, I am going to try and smile, think about this thread.
    By changing your own behavior, you have the power to change others' behavior. Try it tomorrow! See what happens.
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2010, 04:32 PM
    You are right WG. I'm going to give it a try tomorrow. I am going to try and do the exact opposite of what I normally do. Seeing as I already feel like the Constansa of the work place, I may as well take his advice. So when I would normally get right bummed out, I am going to try and smile, think about this thread.Thanks for the link Ken.
    Go bella go bella go!

Go bella go bella go!

*does dance*
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Apr 25, 2010, 04:43 PM
    Bella, let the personality that you show here shine through there.

I don't know if you have seen The Wiz, but the scene where Dorothy and company free the worker's from the wicked witch's sweatshop seems very appropriate. YouTube - The WIZ "A Brand New Day" 30 Years of Movie Magic!

Can't you feel a brand new day? :D
    Dogs Expert

Apr 25, 2010, 04:47 PM

:D Thanks Cat. I almost gagged myself with a spoon :p but you are right, I'm going to go in there with a smile.
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2010, 04:50 PM
    :D Thanks Cat. I almost gagged my self with a spoon :p but you are right, I'm going to go in there with a smile.
    :)
    Dogs Expert

Apr 25, 2010, 04:52 PM

Thanks to you too Bear! I really appreciated the song and dance!
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2010, 05:10 PM
    Happy to do it :D
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Apr 25, 2010, 05:23 PM
    Bella, let me get this straight. You were down because a bunch of accountants snub you? Seriously, accountants? Like Rick Moranis played in Ghostbusters?

Practice this line: "Shut up and do my taxes, schmuck."

I love Yiddish, you can call people the foulest names and they get this clueless smile on their face.

Edit: You've heard the cure for stage fright - picture them in their underwear, right? My add is give them a wedgie.
    Dogs Expert

Apr 25, 2010, 05:25 PM

That is a great line! :D

Yes it was accountants that had me down and out. They have the personalities of a wet mop. No offense to any accountants out there.

Plus it's tax season, so things are extra stressful.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2010, 06:05 PM

So your out of the funk? Hope so.

You know what I think and feel and know everything will work its way out.

Cheers.
    Dogs Expert

Apr 25, 2010, 06:08 PM

For now Jh. Trying to be optimistic.
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2010, 06:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    Bella, let me get this straight. You were down because a bunch of accountants snub you? Seriously, accountants? Like Rick Moranis played in Ghostbusters?

Practice this line: "Shut up and do my taxes, schmuck."

I love Yiddish, you can call people the foulest names and they get this clueless smile on their face.

Edit: You've heard the cure for stage fright - picture them in their underwear, right? My add is give them a wedgie.
    Haha brilliant :D
    Dogs Expert

Apr 26, 2010, 12:28 PM

So I tired coming to work today with a new, fresh mindset, unfortunately, it didn't work.

The moment I walked in I went out back to the kitchen, and I could hear the other girls talking.

They were laughing and commenting on how one of the girls was leaving all her “dirty” work for me. They thought it was funny that they gave me a new list of staff phone numbers and asked if I could make a final copy and hand it out to the partners and other staff.

So I did on Friday. Monday I came here to find over 15 e-mails on how each person's phone number was wrong. They were off by like one number… I copied them exactly. One of the girls went into my bosses office, which is right next to mine, unfortunately I can hear everything, and told her it was sad that I couldn't even handle menial tasks like copy and paste and print.

That's what is getting my spirits down. I know I didn't mess those numbers up.

It's things like that, that bring me down. When I walk into a room, all talking stops. I know it's easy to say forget about them, but man, how much can a person take?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 26, 2010, 12:35 PM

It sounds like you're being sabotaged. Keep copies of stuff, so you can prove you were set up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depression,depression, depression on ex girlfriend. [ 8 Answers ]

After we broke up, I really wanted to forget her and such. More I tried, the more I step a few steps back. Now reminiscing I seriously feel she had cheated on me... and that might be the reason we broke up. It's been like half a year since we broke up but I still can't forget her. One of the reason...

Physical Depression more than Emotional Depression [ 3 Answers ]

I have a hard time getting up in the morning, I feel like I have no energy. I'm not just tired but drained of anything to make me get up. I also have been having a hard time remembering things, dizzy spells, nausea and weakness when lifting things. I do have some emotional depression but not as...

My depression [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, it seems that my previous question was too long or confusing to receive any answer. Please help! I have a dating/relationship problem but I've just realized that it's not the main cause of my unhappiness and that my problem runs much deeper. I recently broke it off with my...

Do I Have Depression? [ 8 Answers ]

I know you see these posts all the time, I've searched around for an answer and I've already read symptoms of depression and all that. It's just that I really don't know if I actually am depressed. I'll tell you some more now. I'm fourteen years old, By the way. I went to London on a...

Is it depression [ 12 Answers ]

What are the symptoms and how do you know if you have it and how severe it is.

View more questions Search