Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2010, 11:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by the_original View Post
    This is so true, I was and still partly am convinced my ex was my soul mate, but fact is exes wouldn't leave you if it was meant to be. This isn't Hollywood or some cheesy love song, an if someone leaves us, it's time for us to leave them as well. Being friends does not work out until you are completely healed. I recently had a small facebook convo with a girl I dated for a year in highschool, and that was like 4-5 years ago. And it felt good to just catch up, and part ways, no drama, no feelings nothing. Until you can successfully pull that off, stay away and go NC
    Leave her alone!
    onto_the_next_one Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Mar 30, 2010, 04:29 PM

Interests aren't the hard part I believe that's easy lining that up.. the connection is the biggest thing.. . But ultimately you guys are right.. she made the decision, if it was meant to be and we were what she says we were it never had happened.

Just to add something she said, sort of seems like a control mechanism. . To me tell me what you think. . She said if you care about me enough you'll be my friend, even if you get a new girlfriend I still want you to try and remain in contact as much as you can. .

I've come to the realization she's very demanding for someone who just broke up with me. . Granted I think I was a first massive relationship. . But I think she doesn't grasp what her ultimate decision means. . I do.
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2010, 05:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by onto_the_next_one View Post
    interests aren't the hard part i believe that's easy lining that up.. the connection is the biggest thing. . . .But ultimately you guys are right.. she made the decision, if it was meant to be and we were what she says we were it never had happened.

just to add something she said, sorta seems like a control mechanism. . to me tell me what you think. . she said if you care about me enough you'll be my friend, even if you get a new gf i still want you to try and remain in contact as much as you can. .

I've come to the realization shes very demanding for someone who just broke up with me. . granted i think i was a first massive relationship. . but i think she doesn't grasp what her ultimate decision means. . I do.

So move on! Good Luck!

Mar 30, 2010, 05:37 PM

thanks kitkat22, its just the enormity of the task is massive. Better to be a robot sometimes = ).

cheers guys, its good to have an outlet for the human washing machine that my life has become.
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2010, 05:42 PM
    thanks kitkat22, its just the enormity of the task is massive. better to be a robot sometimes = ).

cheers guys, its good to have an outlet for the human washing machine that my life has become.
    It's difficult, but time will heal!
    leetaljeff Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2010, 05:55 AM

Like my ex this girl is playing with your head, she is not interested in you romantically or friendship, she only wants her ego to be stroked a bit, but you can change that, do not respond to her suggestions, stay no contact, then she'll miss you n if she keeps saying sweet nothing in your ear don't fall for it until she's chasing you again, but again maintain no contact. You will know what you have to do when you are healing, remember,she only gets 1 chance to be with u, u can't offer her a relationship anytime soon, be funny,flirt with other girls so your confidence grows and never talk about the past with your ex, if she asks, tell her -- swty that is history and doesn't save the day.
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2010, 06:13 AM
    You need to get over this girl, before you start another relationship. Good luck to you and remember.. You are a good person who deserves a woman who will love you as much as you love her. It will happen! Take time and don't go into a new relationship right away! God:) Bless you

Quote Originally Posted by leetaljeff View Post
    jst like my ex this girl is jst playing with ur head, she is not interested in u romantically or friendship, she only wants her ego to be stroked a bit, but u can change that, do not respond to her suggestions, stay no contact, then she'll miss u n if she keeps saying sweet nothing in ur ear dont fall for it until she's chasing u again, but again maintain no contact. You will know what u have to do when u r healing, remember,she only gets 1 chance to be with u, u can't offer her a relationship anytime soon, be funny,flirt with other girls so your confidence grows and never talk about the past with your ex, if she asks, tell her -- swty tht is history and doesnt save the day.
    Lettaljeff... I should let you know text speak isn't allowed in the posts on this site. I'm not being mean just letting you know the rules.:)
    leetaljeff Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2010, 06:21 AM

Thanks will remember that
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2010, 06:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by leetaljeff View Post
    thanks will remember that
    You are very welcome! Have a great day and blessings:)
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 31, 2010, 03:27 PM

Do as your screen name implies... On To The Next One. :)
    the_original Posts: 177, Reputation: 51

Mar 31, 2010, 07:43 PM

Looks like your doing good ontothenextone! Keep up the NC... let her chase and let her pursue her friendship so she feels better about herself... but by no means respond. As someone else in the thread said, they only get one chance to be with us. This site is awesome isn't it?
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2010, 07:55 PM
    looks like your doing good ontothenextone! keep up the NC....let her chase and let her pursue her friendship so she feels better about herself...but by no means respond. as someone else in the thread said, they only get one chance to be with us. this site is awesome isnt it?

Good luck and let us know how it's going!:)

Mar 31, 2010, 08:53 PM

no worries guys. If April 1st wasn't omen enough my mobile died and deleted most of my ex's messages... haha. . And now I'm onto the next phone = ). . I don't know about the one chance thing though, I know a few couples who are married or otherwise who have gone out before(albeit 2-3 years before re-meeting). . But I isn't concerned with that, you enjoy life as I am doing now.

cheers guys
    the_original Posts: 177, Reputation: 51

Mar 31, 2010, 09:09 PM
    no worries guys. if April 1st wasn't omen enough my mobile died and deleted most of my ex's messages...haha. . and now im onto the next phone = ). . i dunno about the one chance thing though, i know a few couples who are married or otherwise who have gone out before(albeit 2-3 years before re-meeting). . But i aint concerned with that, ya'll enjoy life as i am doing now.

cheers guys
    Those relationships are few and far between though, careful you don't hold out too much (if any) hope for that. Take care and you enjoy life to man!
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2010, 09:11 PM
    Those relationships are few and far between though, careful you don't hold out too much (if any) hope for that. Take care and you enjoy life to man!

Good luck to you. Don't you dare put her number on your phone!:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My relationship has ended [ 3 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend since February. Things were going great. He came to my mums wedding, held my hand when I was in hospital recently and we moved in together 5 weeks ago. He's an only child and has lived away from home before now but is essentailly a mummys boy who does like to have his...

My relationship ended because of the way that I am [ 19 Answers ]

:( I was dating this wonderful guy for nine months and went through hell and back for this man. Well, because of previous relationships that I had, I was very insecure and jealous and in the end it caused for me and the love of my life to break up. How do I overcome this? Does it come all at once...

Relationship ended [ 2 Answers ]

Dear all, I am new to this site so hello everyone. I am going through a very bad time. I am 48 and last year I sold my house to live with my partner of 2 years with the intention of buying somewhere together. Very sadly it did not work as I had so hoped for. I am living with my mother (which...

Seven Year Relationship has ended. [ 12 Answers ]

Well as you can see by my topic, my seven year relationship with the man that I still love broke up with me. I'm very heart broken. He broke up with me on Oct 20, 2006. I confessed to him that I have cheated on him. Lately we have been seeing a lot of each other and spending a tremendous about...

Do you have to be good friends with boyfriend's friend for a relationship to work? [ 2 Answers ]

Does two people have to know each other really well before getting into a relationship? Or can you get to know each other while dating and thereby improving your relationship? Is it important that you are friends with his friends (meaning you can chill and hang out with his friends too, like you...

View more questions Search