Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2008, 09:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash123
    read my breakup guide ASAP to save you from trouble...

the FIRST break is RARELY the end if you are calm.

it is a chance to step back and both decide things though and get some perspective.
    take this as a chance and don't chase her.

see below!

A
    As I said, the first breakup is rarely IT. It's just a gear change for better or for worse if you remain cool...

Glad you have some peace back!

IFFF she does this again, take a step back and calmly evaluate her issues and your own.
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2008, 04:55 PM
    Thanks "Sneezy"

With my schedule don't know how I ever crammed them in... but a lot to chat about on here :-)

Peace

A
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 24, 2008, 08:25 PM
    If she has not resolved her issues, and has chosen you over career, the same thing that caused her confusion is still there. I think you should be talking and listening, and if your willing to work together, she should get that career. Just me, talk and really listen, she has given up a lot.
    confused25 Posts: 319, Reputation: 98

Feb 24, 2008, 09:00 PM
    I will have to agree with Tal. I'm not exactly sure what the situation is between you and your girlfriend. However, what I do know is that when it comes to a relationship you should both be willing to go to the extreme to help each other achieve one another's dreams. If this is a career that she has been working very hard towards then you should keep pushing her in that direction. It doesn't mean you have to break-up, but it does mean you will have to make some sacrifices.

My ex-girlfriend once asked me how I felt about her going to a graduate school that was thousands of miles away from our homes. I told her that I would do anything in my power to help her get accepted to that university. We broke up for very different reasons, but it definitely wasn't because I didn't support her dreams.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2008, 09:15 PM
    Move on with your life but give it time before going for other gf's cause if she decides she is ready to come back and you are with somebody else...
    Codez Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2008, 11:58 PM
    Thanks guys. She felt like she was missing out on something and wasn't ready to feel so serious for me because she has so much she wants to do, but has realised that we can do that together and both achieve our goals.
    Codez Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2008, 12:31 AM
    Update on this topic...

Since our fight then, we have been happy. She loves her job and life down here. We have been saving a lot and going away on holidays.
    I believe the problem was her single friends (not all, a group of 4 which don't like me and M's other friends) and she seems to be much happier with OUR friends. (we have a group of 12 of us, couples etc which all get along great)

So everything is going great here. We recently brought a puppy and we are planning a trip over to greece very soon.

Anyway, Thanks to all the people at Askme who have helped me. You guys know your stuff.
    Ithappenstoall Posts: 363, Reputation: 37

Aug 30, 2008, 02:05 AM
    This is great news and congrats, I am happy for you. It good to get updates once in a while here to see if the advice given helped or not and it is good to see happy posts once in a while :)

Now good luck with that puppy, you will need it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend Loves Me, But Doesn't Like Me [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, my name is Kyle and I'm 16 years old, and lately I've been having quite a bit of girlfriend trouble (She's almost 16). My girlfriend and I used to get along great, and we spent quite a decent amount of time together, but I noticed that she didn't really seem to want or liked to spend time...

Girlfriend tells me she loves me, yet she wants a break or breakup? [ 13 Answers ]

Hey guys, My girlfriend is telling me she wants a break to see if she if I am the one. We're young, I don't plan on marriage for a while (we're 20) and I just don't understand her idea of couples needing to split up for a while to see if they are the one. She says this is for "us" but I'm...

Girlfriend wants to break up, but still loves me? [ 33 Answers ]

Hiya, Was just wondering if you could offer any advice on my situation ? Im 28 and my girlfriend (now ex) is 26. We've been together for just over 6 months now. I live about 70 miles away and only get to see her on the weekends. She is at school as a full time student and a photographer on...

Girlfriend wants to break up, but still loves me? [ 8 Answers ]

Hiya, Was just wondering if you could offer any advice on my situation ? Im 28 and my girlfriend (now ex) is 26. We've been together for just over 6 months now. I live about 70 miles away and only get to see her on the weekends. She is at school as a full time student and a photographer on...

I think my girlfriend loves someone else and not me [ 4 Answers ]

Ok so yeah I'm 15 years old and I've been dating my girlfriend for about 2months And I wanted to know if she still loves me things between me and her were getting a little odd like when we started dating we don't do the same things we use to do, and I think for some reason she still loves her ex...

View more questions Search