Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2010, 09:56 AM

You have to admit though it was clever bit of theater the House Dems staged walking through the protesters at the Capitol and equating the passage of health care with confronting mobs of white racists at the Edmund Pettus Bridge in Alabama .

The drama wouldn't be complete if there weren't allegations of racial slurs and spitting .

You would think that in the age of Youtube and cellphone video cameras someone... anyone would be able to produce the proof of the allegation. After all ,George Allen's campaign was derailed over a single word.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2010, 10:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    No, follow the link on post # 17 above. There was no spitting incident and there was no "n word" incident.
    Hello again, Steve:

Like I said, you CAN'T prove that something didn't happen. I get, though, that you don't think it did. But, I saw the video. I saw the anger. I saw the guy wipe his face. I KNOW who those people are...

Let's talk about that... How do I KNOW who those people are? Well, I'll tell you. Even I, a liberal, from liberal Seattle KNOW people who HATE Obama. They DON'T refrain from calling him a nigger in my presence. As a matter of fact, they LOVE calling him that.

Now, I don't know about you, and the circles you run in down there in liberal Texas, but I won't believe you if you tell me that you haven't heard him referred to as that. Given that I'm positive you HAVE heard it, then I cannot imagine, why you cannot imagine a tea partier saying it.

If you tell me, though, that your conversations with your right wing buddies down there in Texas, include words like African American, instead of nigger, I ain't buying what you're selling.

excon
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2010, 10:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Like I said, you CAN'T prove that something didn't happen.
    Then I'll settle for proving it did happen. Incidental spittle is not racism.

Now, I don't know about you, and the circles you run in down there in liberal Texas, but I won't believe you if you tell me that you haven't heard him referred to as that. Given that I'm positive you HAVE heard it, then I cannot imagine why you cannot imagine a tea partier saying it.
    Well then ex, you might as well start calling me a liar now because I don't recall ever hearing one person in my circle do such a thing. Did you forget that I am the minority in my community, that I grew up that way, that almost all of my friends growing up had darker skin than me? Why, would my circle change their behavior now?

If you tell me, though, that your conversations with your right wing buddies down there in Texas, include words like African American, instead of nigger, I ain't buying what you're selling.
    Come on down and see for yourself. Send CNN, MSNBC, whoever, they're not going to find anything like you're describing in these parts.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2010, 10:32 AM

He's on a role . He managed to call 3 of us racists in less than 4 hrs.
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2010, 10:40 AM

Yes, he's following the playbook perfectly.
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2010, 01:43 PM
    Here is a perfect example of media hypocrisy on this today. While they continue their tea partiers as racists theme, vile, obscene attacks on NJ Governor Chris Christie are being portrayed as "schoolyard taunts that could get a student suspended."

"Never trust a fat f...," read one profane post on the Facebook page, "New Jersey Teachers United Against Governor Chris Christie's Pay Freeze," which has some 69,000 fans, many of them teachers.

"How do you spell A-- hole? C-H-R-I-S C-H-R-I-S-T-I-E," read another...

Another pointed out that Christie's late mother was a member of the teachers union: "It's not right to bite the hand that feeds you. Oh I forgot it's Chirs Christie, He's so large I bet he'd bite anything that's put in front of his face!"

"Remember Pol Pot, dictator of Cambodia?" warned another. "He reigned in terror, his target was teachers and intellectuals. They were either killed or put into forced labor... King Kris Kristy is headed in this direction."
    Unlike the worries of mythical racial epithets, spitfests and "minstrel shows" at tea parties, now worries here, these teachers are just being emotional, "most aren't personal attacks."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3yr old boy complains penis is sore [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my little 3yr old boy used the toilet this morning with now complaints at all.Two hours later her said to me his penis is sore,I had a look took his skin back a little and saw it has A white discharge.Should I wadh him with luke warm salt water?

Everyone complains but I get it only once a week! [ 4 Answers ]

There are so many posts about this topic that people used to get it 3-4 times a day and now its every other day. My relationship had an amazing sex life, in the very beginning we used to do it a couple days a week because we had the time. Since we don't live together we cannot do it all the time. ...

Crime in the White House? [ 34 Answers ]

Hello: Well, you got your Pelosi's who want to let bygones be bygones... Then you got your Constitutional lawyers like Glenn Greenwald, who wants accountability. Where do you come down? I'm talking specifically about the crimes of the Bush administration. Yes, I think he and his cohorts...

With this woman running the House, do you really want a Dem in the White House? [ 9 Answers ]

This woman is frightening. She quotes... ' We need to work toward the goal of equalizing income, (didn't Marx say something like this), in our country and at the same time limiting the amount the rich can invest.' ( I am not rich, are you?) When asked how these new tax dollars would be...

My 15 year old daughter constantly complains of headache, stomach aches, etc. [ 2 Answers ]

My 15 year old daughter has a headache almost every day, stomach pains (not necessarily stomach but can be all over in different places and different kinds of pain, sometimes shooting pains sometimes constant), dizziness often associated with headache and stomach pain. Irregular periods sometimes...

View more questions Search