Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2010, 08:57 AM

Joe, I think you and your girl should get your own reality show. I mean, it's entertaining to see this story unfold. I wish you could see how crazy this looks from down here.

I feel for you, but damn!
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Apr 27, 2010, 05:27 PM

Larken,

I'm sorry... what was the question again? Lol

You started this thread almost 2 months ago! Everyone has been giving you great advice.

I think it's time to decide is this really the person you want to be with?

Heck, you're not even married, and there is this many problems!

Do you know what I mean?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2010, 10:56 AM

Is this girlfriend/fiance the same girlfriend/fiance who is a stripper? Does she work but it's off the books?

Every post fills in a little more info/background.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2010, 12:25 PM
    JudyKayTee agrees: You can't be abused and mistreated over and over again unless you put up with it.

This should be made into a quote.
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2010, 06:18 PM

Larken, is she still holding out on the sex? From the infection? Has it really been since last JULY?

And is she a dancer? A retired dancer?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 29, 2010, 07:52 PM

Okay I'll bite, where does he say anything about a stripper?
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2010, 07:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Okay I'll bite, where does he say anything about a stripper?
    Here Tal , different thread...

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...ml#post2329684
    Larken85 Posts: 696, Reputation: 146

Apr 30, 2010, 02:58 AM

Sorry its been so long sine I was on this thread. THat was bad of me. Um, yes she was a stripper back when she lived in Florida. She isn't holding out on sex anymore though its still not up to as much as I would like I can live with the amount we have.

Her and I got into a huge fight over that stupid kayak. It wasn't about the kayak at all really but that's what step me off. Really she wasn't fighting back either, she just took it. Finally I calmed down when she got really depressed about it and I felt that she finally heard me for the first time and now she is being very, agreeable.

When I got my check today she wouldn't ask for money but when I asked her about bills she said, You don't have to give me money. I did anyway as I knew she was hurting pretty badly. She made no fuss when I took out the rent for my mother either, which is something new.

I'm not saying she changed over the course of one night, but I told her we could either break up, or go see a therapist. She quickly decided she would go see a couple's therapist with me. She said, "You're worth everything to me. I will do anything to keep you." Got to say that made my heart sink, but I am not being soft about things. Our relationship needs help if it is to survive. That's all there is to it. And I told her I cannot stuff my issues down inside any more because I eventually blow up every time.

She respects that I will be telling her how I feel from now on and that's what we both got to do.

Thank you all for your responses, hard truths to hear, and just all around good advice. I will try one last time (I made sure she knew this was the last try) with a therapist and if we cannot figure out how to become more copastetic, then its time to call it quits.

She spent all of last night holding me tight to her body. Any time I even blinked for longer than usual she asked what was wrong. Seems like she is really finally starting to see the light and see that she cannot just run everything about me. I think she is finally realizing how much she needs me, not the other way around.

Last Tuesday (the night of our fight) I held out on sex myself. She wanted me to spend the night with her (which honestly I would have if I wasn't falling asleep standing up, but I said I can't tonight. She told me I'd get booty and I said not tonight, I'm too tired. And that's were that one led. Guess we'll know more in a few weeks.
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2010, 04:06 AM

You're hooked.

What can I say other than... YOU ARE SCREWED.

We'll be seeing you here often.

Good luck.

Apr 30, 2010, 04:23 AM

Probably right, but like I said, this is the last time. If the therapist doesn't work, it's a no go. I suggested it, that's what she said I'm worth everything for. I asked her if she thought it was worth it we could go to a therapist. If we don't learn how to communicate better and work through our issues, we won't last long.

She even agreed that we will either make it or break it this year. So yeah, that's what it is I guess. Sorry jmjoseph. I'm a broken record
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2010, 05:08 AM

You are going to couples(marriage, basically) counseling BEFORE you get married. That's like someone having extensive repairs done on an automobile BEFORE they buy it, not knowing what the future holds for him, and not knowing how reliable the vehicle will be.

I know that women are NOT like cars, but I just think in analogies.

It's probably a Southern thing...

You need to work on yourself esteem.

You must think that you don't deserve better. Or you might think that you can't find anyone else.

You do whatever you want, it's your life. I must say that you a hard headed young man. Some would call it tenacity. I call it insanity. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result.

WHACK,WHACK,WHACK.

Apr 30, 2010, 05:14 AM

Ouch, harsh but true. That is a good point. If we need to fix the relationship before we get married, then what about when we get married. It will be hell... crap
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2010, 06:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Larken85 View Post
    She spent all of last night holding me tight to her body. Any time I even blinked for longer than usual she asked what was wrong. Seems like she is really finally starting to see the light and see that she cannot just run everything about me. I think she is finally realizing how much she needs me, not the other way around.

Last Tuesday (the night of our fight) I held out on sex myself. She wanted me to spend the night with her (which honestly I would have if I wasn't fallin asleep standing up, but I said I can't tonight. She told me I'd get booty and i said not tonight, I'm too tired. And thats were that one led. guess we'll know more in a few weeks.

I think she sees her meal ticket walking out the door -

And as far as withholding sex from her - once you start playing mind games, it's over!
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Apr 30, 2010, 06:42 AM

This lady is playing with you. See senses you are getting fed up so she is pacifying you.
    You sound like a child begging for attention from an abusive parent and makes excuses for the abuse.

You need to get some counseling for yourself so you can gain the confidence to get out of this totally dysfunctional relationship.
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2010, 08:05 AM

24 pages, and 237 posts.

You know what a counselor will say to you. That he can not fix things up for you. You need to be able to start the changes in your life and once you start making changes and seeing progress it is you that is making changes and positive ones.

Now if for some reason counseling does not work it is not necessarily the counselors fault because the counsel-lee is the person that needs to in act in the changes and possible advice from the counselor if not then changes will not happen and you will stay stuck.

The counseling from all of us is not working. Honestly because your not willing to make any changes. Counseling works just like a relationship. Things are suppose to go two ways. The counselor gives advice or suggestions and listens but as well the counsel-lee needs to in act on what he or she thinks would be the best course of actions. Even if it is small changes in acted.

Counseling is not going to work for yourself if your not willing to take ideas and thoughts to heart and your not willing to make any kind of changes for yourself.

But in the end the only changes that can be made are by yourself. Not by the counselor.
    Expert

Apr 30, 2010, 08:38 AM

A third party is a good idea to guide you through the process of understanding, and learning to communicate. Only then can you identify, or take the steps to get the issues out, and go about resolution. This is hardly an over night fix by any means, just a good way to get focused on what's important, and what works for you both.

That's progress in my book, whether the relationship survives or not.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 30, 2010, 09:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I think she sees her meal ticket walking out the door -

And as far as withholding sex from her - once you start playing mind games, it's over!
    Seems to me this was over LONG AGO. Just someone doesn't seem to realize it.
    Expert

Apr 30, 2010, 09:49 AM

I cannot disagree, but some take longer than others to get through the process of making those life changing decisions, for themselves.
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2010, 10:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I cannot disagree, but some take longer than others to get thru the process of making those life changing decisions, for themselves.
    The thing is there has been no process started. Like I said counseling will only work if there is a willing participant to make the change needed to improve on life. That is how most counselors work. Have experience in that area.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Apr 30, 2010, 10:10 AM

Well perhaps if he does counseling it will help. And I think he will do that when he is ready. It takes more than a few months to undo possibly a life time of an unhealthy mentality.
    Everyone functions at a different pace.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who sings the song that goes like this."money money money, money?" [ 5 Answers ]

Do you know the artists name?

Who sings the song that goes, Money, money, money, money? [ 12 Answers ]

Who sings the song that goes something like this... Money, Money,Money, Money?

Who sings that song that goes "Money, Money, Money, Moneeeee?" [ 3 Answers ]

Who sings that song that goes "money, money money...moneeeeeeeeeeeey?"

View more questions Search