Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amberlynn Posts: 47, Reputation: -1
    -

Mar 20, 2008, 09:11 AM
    Where did god come from.
    In the beginning god created haven and the earth.
    But where did he come from.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2008, 09:21 AM
    Amber - if I knew the right answer to this one, I'd be famous. God did not come from anything or anywhere - he has always been there and always will be there.
    MoonlitWaves Posts: 171, Reputation: 52

Mar 20, 2008, 04:46 PM
    Yep. God is eternal, meaning He had no beginning and will have no end.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Mar 22, 2008, 05:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by amberlynn
    in the beginning god created haven and the earth.
    but where did he come from.?
    Amberlynn : that is part of the CHRISTIAN BELIEF
    There is no objective supporting evidence for it. Either you believe it or you don't.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 22, 2008, 05:47 AM
    God did not "come" from anywhere, he was always God. The idea of time is a man made creation.
    -

Mar 22, 2008, 08:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    God did not "come" from anywhere, he was always God. The idea of time is a man made creation.
    Incorrect. Time is not a man-made creation. (Space) time is a dimension, like height, like width, like length. The ever-existence of God is belief-based. As a Christian you BELIEVE that God existed forever. What seems so wrong for you to confirm that you BELIEVE that?
    Expert

Mar 22, 2008, 09:53 AM
    See how nice it is to disagree in a nice manner

But I will disagree, even time and dimension is a "concept" this concept is defined by human understanding of it.
    In the beginning time the idea of wave lenghts, speed of light and the such were not known, time was days, seasons and the such
    Man as he progresses with knowledge redefines things as he sees them or believes them to be.

And yes, I may use the word faith since to you I "beleive" to me I "know" it since I wouild no more doubt that God exists since he is more real to me than you are, I have not seen you, heard you, touched you.
    I merely reads wrtten on the computer that I have to have faith and beleve are from you. So from God, I have felt his spirit, I have seen his power and watched his miricles at work.

But I respect your non belief, belief is hard, it is much easer not to.
    -

Mar 23, 2008, 05:58 AM
    ... But I will disagree, even time and dimension is a "concept" this concept is defined by human understanding of it ...
    Again you are wrong on that. Time is a dimension, and does not require much human understanding. Time is - as previously stated - just a dimension as width, length, and height. We all KNOW what width, what length, what height, and what time is without having to conceptionalize any of these dimensions. Your argument suggests that one has to understand the specific scientific rules and explanations to know what time is. But that is not true.
    Example : our very far ancestors already knew that even if they had (sufficient) food (width, length, height) TODAY, but ate everything, that the TOMORROW (i.e. the concept of time) they had to hunt again. They understood the concept of time without knowing the technicalities of time itself.
    As to my personal position : the existence of the four common dimensions has nothing to do with the spiritual feelings a person has. Religion (Christianity) is just one of many manifestations of spiritual feeling.
    And of course you may BELIEVE anything you prefer. But without providing objective evidence for what you BELIEVE that remains BELIEF, while KNOWING requires a support other than BELIEF. For instance by providing objective evidence or logical argument.
    ... Belief is hard, it is much easer not to.
    Not true. It requires much personal strength and character not to hide behind a mythological deity to do "the right thing". Believing is much easier, as all you have to do is follow the claimed "instructions as provided by the deity".
    A non-believer has to develop proper arguments as to moral and ethical values. The "golden rule" is of some help there, but that process is clearly more demanding than simply following religious claims.
    Expert

Mar 23, 2008, 06:49 AM
    Thank you such ideas only show and support how weak the argument is from those that attack Christians. One attacks belief or accepting for one value, but when it is science, it has to be a fact because science says it is.
    If I was no so sad, it would be funny
    -

Mar 23, 2008, 07:07 AM
    Thank you such ideas only show and support how weak the arguement is from those that attack Christians. One attacks beleif or accepting for one value, but when it is science, it has to be a fact because science says it is.
    If i was no so sad, it would be funny
    Incorrect :
    First of all there is no attack on Christianity at all. I just provide my views, my reaction to the topic. That you disagree with me is your prerogative.
    Secondly I am not attacking Christianity or belief in general. I wonder how you came to that conclusion.
    Thirdly : there is a clear difference between differing of opinion between spiritual concepts like religion and scientific support.
    Spiritual concepts are unsupported ideas that lack any objective evidence. Differences are of course possible and to be expected.
    Scientific theories all carry scientific objective support. Any difference should be argued based on other (new) objective evidence that contradicts the current position.
    There is no reason NOT to argue scientific theories, but that requires a valid reason to disprove the earlier provided objective evidence on which the theory is based.
    If i was no so sad, it would be funny
    I have no idea why you are so sad, but the feeling is misplaced and most probably totally invalid.
    :confused:
    Expert

Mar 23, 2008, 06:18 PM
    My trouble with this is a person with a question, comes to a christian thread to get a christain answer to their question, they do not go to the Islam board, to the atheist board, So they are wanting to know what Christians believe on a subject.

And several non Christians come in to either try and highjack the subject or they fill it with a lot of non christian material that is not addressing the issue as it is being asked.

If a person was asking in cooking, about cooking carrots and some person came in every time and talked nothing about how to cook the carrot but how bad carrots are, that you should not eat carrots, that poster would be deleted in minutes, As a trouble maker, there is no reason the same line of control should not be done in other thread areas.
    There is a lot of extra give way allowed in some of the sites, but it is being aken advantage of.
    marvin_082500 Posts: 15, Reputation: 0
    -

Mar 24, 2008, 02:32 AM
    Comment on twinkiedooter's post
    You wrong, before God created heavens and He Have a place. Ask me I will tell you where
    -

Mar 24, 2008, 02:34 AM
    Comment on MoonlitWaves's post
    It doesn't mean He had no place before He created heavens and earth
    -

Mar 24, 2008, 02:35 AM
    Comment on Credendovidis's post
    There is a supporting event. You can Read it in the bible.
    -

Mar 24, 2008, 02:38 AM
    Where is God before he created heavens and earth. The answer is in the bible. Tell me what verse I will tell you thruogh email
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2008, 04:22 AM
    Marvin - why not post your answer here for all of us to read and consider. Just because you think you know the answer - let us all decide if you are correct or not. Don't just presume that you know it all without any proof for all of us here to be able to read.
    MoonlitWaves Posts: 171, Reputation: 52

Mar 25, 2008, 03:41 PM
    Comment by Marvin_082500 "it doesnt mean He had no place before He created heavens and earth"

Marvin, You should learn how to use the 'Rate this Answer' before making a comment.
    The original question was where did God come from? I took this question to be the equivalent of where did God orginate or how did God orginate. Never did I say God didn't have a place before He created the heavens and earth. Isn't it obvious that He had a place before the creation of earth if He existed before the creation?

Why are you trying to be secretive with your very lacking responses? If you want to answer the question then answer it. People don't want to have to private message or email someone for an answer when the Christian board is wide open for the answer they're looking for without having to do that.
    lobrobster Posts: 208, Reputation: 26

Mar 29, 2008, 12:42 PM
    But I will disagree, even time and dimension is a "concept" this concept is defined by human understanding of it.
    I'm just genuinely curious why the proper irony does not strike you that God also is defined by human understanding? Why has it never occurred to you that God might also have been created by man? I'm not calling you out as being wrong to believe what you do (although I most definitely think you are). I'm just wondering how or why this hasn't occurred to you?
    TitaniumG Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2008, 01:50 PM
    In our world,our lives we have the mentally of something coming from somewhere or something having a origin.But God is all eternal so he was there before us thus having him not come from anywhere he was just there.But if you are still confused try your best to reach heaven God the Father will be there and I have no doubt at that time you will be ready for this powerful explanation from the lord himself.Isn't that worth dying for!
    june1031 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2008, 02:12 PM
    I think any religion gives people something to look to and get their faith from but I also believe that this is a choice each person makes for themselves and to judge people on their beliefs is wrong.
    When you ask... where did God come? It a guestion that has stumped people for years I think Credendovidis nailed it on the head "Either you believe or you don't" I Need evidence so It's hard to believe the bible... (STEPHEN KING<DANIELLE STEELE<JOHN GRISHAM Have also wrote great books this doesn't make them true)Sorry but just like you I have a right to my views I don't look judge you on your views.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What is god? [ 138 Answers ]

What is god? There is always this clash between science & god.Can God be a huge amount of energy?

No god, and who is god [ 93 Answers ]

If there is no god why is it, and if there is a god who is he?

View more questions Search