Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Domieq Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2008, 09:36 AM
    Resizing video file
    I took about a 1 min video w/ my kodak digital camera and uploaded it to my computer. I wanted to email it to some family/friends but keep getting an error message that says the file is too big to email (I think 70mb). Is there a way to resize the file?
    Sitwonade Posts: 24, Reputation: 3

Mar 19, 2008, 09:51 AM
    Try compressing the file with DivX (available at DivX Video Player - DivX Video Codec - DivX Converter)
    Domieq Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2008, 10:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Domieq
    I took about a 1 min video w/ my kodak digital camera and uploaded it to my computer. I wanted to email it to some family/friends but keep getting an error message that says the file is too big to email (i think 70mb). Is there a way to resize the file?
    I have DivX on my computer and tried to play around with it last night, but couldn't figure out how to resize the file.
    drsam Posts: 49, Reputation: 3

Mar 19, 2008, 10:55 AM
    Download a compression software form softpedia an decrease the size accordind to your need... try this it will help...
    supriya _82 Posts: 241, Reputation: 24

Mar 20, 2008, 12:29 AM
    You will need to compress the movie using some software. That might cause loss of quality. You can chop the movie in smaller clips and e-mail them separately. OR You can upload your movie to a web hosting service and send the link via e-mail to your friends and they can then download it. I would recommend Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire. It is free and will allow up to 1GB of free upload.
    drsam Posts: 49, Reputation: 3

Mar 20, 2008, 08:43 AM
    No the compression software comes with lots of options of the final size the quality that you want and which ever suits you you can use that one

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Video AVI file codec [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a avi file it is opening in vlc media player but the size is huge because of some problem(the divx s/w is telling it is having codec problem) I need a software which is to convert or cut the AVI file so that I can able to operate it,I have downloaded some software and tried with this...

Can a Video file be converted to a understandable text file [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Can you please let me know if a video file be converted to some readable text file. For example, if we read the text file, we should understand what the video shows and vice versa. Is there any such conversion possible. Please help me in this issue as early as possible.

Resize video file [ 5 Answers ]

How Do I Resize Video Files To Fit The Web?

How to remove audio from video file [ 1 Answers ]

I like to change a background song for a video file I can add a background song by using windows movie maker bt I d`nt know how to remove that bacround music from the video file any one can help me

View more questions Search