Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kitty-kat19 Posts: 52, Reputation: 3

Feb 25, 2008, 08:55 PM
    Tanning Lotion
    Ok, so This is a kind of weird question... but: I'm pasty white, and burn like no tomorrow, and so I pretty much have to get a base tan before I spend ANY time out in the sun, so I go to tanning salons, well, I tried using my moms tanning lotion, it was that ocean potion extreme dark stuff. So I was wondering which would be the best to use? And what's with the tingly things in some of them, what do they do?
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2008, 11:21 PM
    Yes, I know about pasty white. When I use tanning lotion on my face everyone tells me how healthy I look (and I think how stupid they are being). The appearance of your skin, that's simply how you were born. It's unfortunate that so many people find certain skin colors bad. Black and brown skinned people are using skin lighteners, white skinned people use tanning lotions and salons.

I worked with a red head who was blindingly white. She went to work without makeup or stockings and proudly said, "I embrace my white, my money is spent on education!" Such confidence.

Tingly things? If a product makes your skin tingle, you may be allergic to it. The sun gives people skin cancer. Use a tanner that is a bit darker than your regular skin color. It's hard to get the really dark stuff evenly spread and buffed off knees and ankles. Even with a base tan, your skin is not made for the climate you live in. Move North.
    addicted2u143 Posts: 35, Reputation: 6

Feb 26, 2008, 03:01 PM
    A lot of tanning lotions with tingle give you quick results. They bring the blood closer to the surface while using a tanning bed. Some people don't like these lotions at all me myself find them to be quite effective. Warning if you try one they make you super red and somewhat blotchy for about 1 to 3 hours after tanning so don't try it before going anywhere but home and it makes the tanning experience way hotter. Good luck.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Feb 29, 2008, 03:58 PM
    If your skin is pale, and you tend to burn easily, use a sun tanning lotion that contains a sunscreen. You could also apply a sunscreen first, wait until it absorbs into your skin, and then apply your sun tanning lotion. It will protect you from the sun's harmful rays.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tanning [ 2 Answers ]

OK... last few years I've spent each day of my summer either in class (college) or at work... so basically I'm pretty pale/white. I've recently joined a new gym and noticed they have those tanning machines, I've never used them, or actually "tanned" (purposely). Should I use that tanning machine,...

Tanning mistake [ 2 Answers ]

I had a question related to removing tan.. 5 days ago a friend and I went to the beach She suggested that lemon juice was very good for the skin So we started squeezing a few lemon we had on our body:( That day our skin was glowing But 2 days later we severe sunburn signs started to appear...

Tanning oil ? [ 3 Answers ]

OK so I just bought banana boat dark tanning oil and I have a few questions. First since most tanning oils have such low spfs (this one is 4) can I put sunblock on first and put the tanning oil on over top? And second can I put the tanning oil on my face because I don't want my face to be white...

All Give Opinion:The BEST Tanning Lotion you ever used or heard about [ 2 Answers ]

:) Does anyone know of a really good tanning lotion? I have naturally fair skin but I want a tanner color(atleast for summer)Well, please tell me yalls faves and I will try and get back to ya(ohh and where you can buy it at if it isn't sold in walmart or something):)

View more questions Search