Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zubairahmed Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2008, 09:17 AM
    Learn philosophy
    Helloooo.
    What is philosophy? And why important to learn it? I want to learn it to enhance my communication skills. So, what should I do first?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2008, 10:02 PM
    Philosophy is very important to learn as it will teach you more about how you look at life and why. You can learn communication skills at the same time. It doesn't really matter. There are many philosophies so don't just try one. Try at least 4 or more until you read or learn one that you like or feel most drawn to.
    granmaboat Posts: 21, Reputation: 6

Jan 18, 2008, 10:53 AM
    Your philosophy is your personal belief about how to live or how to deal with a situation; studying other peoples philosophies can help you realize your own. Your philosophy guides you through life and helps you establish goals. Knowing your philosophy, and that of others will give you a more stable ground to communicate from. To be a good communicator you need to know where you are coming from and it help to know where the "audiance" is coming from.
    Read some quotes, they are philosophies, some true and some funny.
    Motivational Quotes:
    Communication
    Motivational Quotes About Communication
    "Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand."
    - Confucius
    "The greatest compliment that was ever paid me was when someone asked me what I thought, and attended to my answer."
    - Henry David Thoreau
    "The greatest problem in communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."
    - George Bernard Shaw
    jennysolano18 Posts: 36, Reputation: 4

Dec 10, 2008, 11:56 AM

Philosophy is love of wisdom. It has three main areas: epistemology (the study of knowledge), metaphysics (the study of the nature of reality), abd ethics (the study of morality). It is important to learn because it helps you understand how people look at a situation or belief differently. It gives you an understanding of how people think based on their religion and morals.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is philosophy important? [ 17 Answers ]

Hi, I love philosophy and have recently been reading a lot about it. It interests me greatly but my mum just doesn't get it. I tried talking to her about it but she said it is "blather for blather's sake." This is ignorant of her I know, but I'm not sure why. What can I say to strengthen my...

Philosophy Philosophy [ 2 Answers ]

When I declare that "I ought to do x" what in effect, do I mean according to Aristotle? Hume? Mill?

Philosophy [ 10 Answers ]

Is philosophy a concept or a study?

My philosophy [ 9 Answers ]

IF MY BODY WERE A CAR If my body were a car, this is the time I would be thinking about trading it in for a newer model. I've got bumps and dents and scratches in my finish and my paint job is Getting a little dull, but that's not the worst of it. My headlights are out of focus and it's...

View more questions Search