Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snight1 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2007, 04:36 AM
    Inside wall plumbing size requirement
    I'm doing plumbing for a full bath and next to it is a 1/2 bath in the basement. I'm ready to run the pipes up into the 2x4 walls. Can I continue through the walls with a 2 inch vent pipe or does this size need to be reduced? I will be connecting to a 2 inch vent that is run separately up and through the roof. My concern is that when running a 2 inch vent through a 2x4 inch wall there won't be a lot of wood on each side, which may weaken the wall.
    Thanks,
    Scott
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 12, 2007, 06:16 AM
    I would keep the vent at two inches. Notch the studs and cover the notch with a nail plate to protect the pipe. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Venting into an inside wall [ 1 Answers ]

We are building a YURT. We are building rooms inside. We do NOT want to put any holes in the walls or roof for the bathroom vent, but DO want an inside bathroom. Would it work if we vented between the walls? Where we live, a composting toilet is not an option. Thank you for any advice on how...

Cleaner leaked inside wall.outlet burned up [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. Last week at work there was an odor coming from inside a wall. The wall is only a few feet tall extending from a window sill to the floor. Well, we didn't have any air freshener so I sprayed a cleaning product around the wall and on the window & window sill to cover the odor. Some of it ran...

Dripping water sound inside the wall [ 1 Answers ]

I just moved in to an 8-year old 3-floor townhouse. I noticed the dripping water sound in the wasll after showering. The sound is very clear in the third floor, and dims a little in the second and almost gone away in the first floor. The sound keeps for a while and then disappears. I could not find...

Running water sound inside the wall [ 2 Answers ]

Water running sound inside the wall pipes going upstairs.

View more questions Search