Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FLchickie Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Oct 17, 2007, 07:02 PM
    First Gyn. Visit
    Ok, I'll be 18 in about two monthes and was thinking it was about time I had my first gyn. visit.

So I was wondering what kind of questions I'll be asked and such?? I'm a tad shy about this stuff so I'd like to be as prepared as possible. :o
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2007, 09:41 PM
    First of all, good for you for taking charge of your health and deciding to see a gyno. It will prove to be beneficial for your health in the long run!

Expect questions on if you perform breast exams at home, if you have any concerns, your last cycle and so on. I don't recall if my doctor asked about the number of sex partners I have had (don't think so), but I was asked if I was currently sexually active and if I was using protection. Remember, don't lie and tell your doctor what he/she wants to hear - tell the truth! This is also the time to ask any questions you have. Don't be embarrassed, they've heard it all before.

If you're like most women you will be nervous for your first exam, but really, it's no big deal. My appointments from start (when they call my name) to finish (when I walk out the door) are about fifteen minutes. Maybe twenty on a bad day. :)
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Oct 18, 2007, 08:06 AM
    Good for you! Its important to take care of yourself in that department and 18 is a good time to start. :)

They will ask your basic medical history like any doctor will. (Any history of allergies, heart disease, etc.)

They'll weigh you and record your height, even take your blood pressure.

They'll ask the date of your last period and if you've had any problems.

If it makes you feel any better, the exam itself will be as quick as possible. Even male docs understand we don't want to be on the table for long. ;)
    Don't be afraid to share that it is your first appointment so they can help you through the process.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does anyone know a confidential OB/GYN in sc [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know a confidential OB/GYN in South Carolina?:confused: I'm needing to see one and my parents can't find out. If anyone can help please do... Thanks PS. Or how I could find one? I'm very willing to pay.

Visit me [ 2 Answers ]

visit me at my website which will soon have video game information on it. Site under construction I would like the people who go there to private message me

In need: ob-gyn [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone refer me to a good OB-GYN?

View more questions Search