Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mordy123 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Oct 15, 2007, 11:50 AM
    Is he to old ?
    I am 14 and I go over to turkey like 5 times a year or maybe more.. and I've bin going over for 3 years now to see this man hu is 20.. I want to no do you think he is to old for me ? Pleasee help! Tell me what you honnestly think..
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 15, 2007, 12:12 PM
    Yes, he is too old. Any 20 year old that would consider dating a 14 year old is just a pervert.
    peaceom Posts: 41, Reputation: 3

Oct 15, 2007, 02:07 PM
    I think it depends on how mature you are and what your parents think of it.
    Expert

Oct 15, 2007, 02:12 PM
    20 years old is too old for a 14 year old period.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2007, 02:13 PM
    Also depends on the culture. I just read an article on early marriages and family arranged marriages in the Middle East.

While I do agree that 20 is too old for a 14 yr old, she has already been seeing this guy for three years. That makes it even worse! 11 years old and 17 years old? In the U.S. that is sick. Maybe not in Turkey.
    Expert

Oct 15, 2007, 02:19 PM
    In this person's region of the world it is not a cultural issue.
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2007, 02:42 PM
    I want you to come back and post the honest truth about this. Your parents - do they take you to Turkey with the purpose of seeing this man? Do they know this man? How close have you become to this man? Are you and he sexually involved? If so, is it by your choice, his choice, or your parents? OR - is this man a hidden thing from your parents?
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2007, 04:30 PM
    This is why these parts of the world/these cultural/religious differences cause so much distress for other cultures to understand.

I really get the feeling that YOU are unsure (possibly don't even want to do this) of whether this is what YOU want.

Cultural difference or not-most people would say this is sexual predetation (even if there is no sexual contact). (There soon will be!)

This is bad all around-very little is even remotely good about this situation-you are not mature enough to be with him, and he is way too old to be interfering with you-we call it pedophilia in this country! (Australia and in the US)
    what-a-girl-wants Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2007, 04:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mordy123
    iam 14 and i go over to turkey like 5 times a year or maybe more .. and ive bin goin over for 3 years now to see this man hu is 20 .. i want to no do u think he is to old for me ? pleasee help !! tell me what you honnestly think ..
    Well I have bee over to turkey and this guy happens to be same age as me but this guy I don't know . I really don't know him very wel. But all I can say is how do you know this guy isn't going with another girl whilst you are in your own country . The turkish religions are a bit funny you see , the men are aloud to have more than one woman but if the woman are caught with the slightest touch to a male the are to be diforced and they are not to speak to them ever again. The guy that I was seeing over in turkey lived in Altinkum / Didim near didim beach is that anywhere near the guy you are seeing?
    mordy123 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Oct 16, 2007, 08:23 AM
    Oki erm no gumbet but he is origannly from istambul and moved to didim.. but my mam has her own hotel out there and when we go over he goes and stayes with his sister so he can see me.. but like he isn't like all the other men out there he is shy and different.. and no people might think he is a pedo but lyk its diffarent if yas love each other and no what he is like and that.. thanks for your help x
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2007, 12:04 PM
    Why don't your parents see a problem with this? He is 6 years older than you are and that is a major difference when you are 14. How did you get to know him? Are you from Turkey? Also, does this man have anything to do with your other post about shaving?
    krys Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2007, 06:27 AM
    He is DEFF to old for you. I sometimes think they are to old for me when clearly I am 17 and not as young. Sorry
    Frilly Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2008, 11:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mordy123
    oki erm no gumbet but he is origannly from istambul and moved to didim .. but my mam has her own hotel out there and wen we go over he goes and stayes with his sister so he can see me .. but like he isnt like all the other men out there he is shy and differant .. and no people might think he is a pedo but lyk its diffarent if yas love each other and no what he is like and that .. thanks for your help x
    No One REALLY Knows Another Person That Well.
    You're Friend Wouldn' Randomally Come Up To You And Tell You S/He's A Pedo.
    Unless S/He's Confessing And Wants To Stop.
    So These People That Don't Think He Is Could Be Completely Wrong.
    Tell Me You Don't Have A' Bunch Of Secrets That NO ONE Else Knows And I'll Slap Myself Silly.

And Besides.. He's 20! Isn't That Even A TINY Bit Strange For You?
    And He Might Not Necessarily BE A Pedophile, But If He Is.. Are You Willing To Take The Chance?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search