Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jefferytorres Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2007, 11:07 AM
    Looking for son
    My son was born march 2006 and I was not present since then his mother has ran off, and I don't know where they are, I want to know if his birth certificate has been sighned by someone else, and how would I go about locating them.
    tawnynkids Posts: 622, Reputation: 111

May 14, 2007, 11:22 AM
    You could try to go to the county recorders office where he was born and request the birth certificate, if your name is on it then you can obtain a copy. If you are not then you will know she didn't list you as the dad on it.

As for finding them, well that will be a lot tougher. You can really only do a search on persons by way of internet and the such to see if her name comes up anywhere. Or maybe contacting family members, if you know any (not that they will be real willing to cough up any info) but you could search surrounding areas to family members. Otherwise, I think that would be a job for a private investigator.
    supermommy25 Posts: 39, Reputation: 4

Oct 14, 2007, 09:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jefferytorres
    my son was born march 2006 and i was not present since then his mother has ran off, and i dont know where they are, i want to know if his birth certificate has been sighned by someone else, and how would i go about locating them.
    I'm no expert but you can do a search on the internet for the mother... or if you know the state where he( your son) was born maybe you can call the department of vital records... and give them her name (the mother's)... that may work... I hope you find your baby but I don't think your name would be on the certificate if you didn't sign it at the hospital, because when a baby is born in most states the father has to sign an affidavit of parentage in order for your name to appear as the father on the birth certificate... that does not mean she got some one else to do it, it might have not gotten signed by a man at all...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My son [ 3 Answers ]

Yes my son has a very bad behavor problem at home and at school.:mad: and I don't no what else to do?:confused: I did all the disiplin I can do .when you try to talk to him he says your hurting his ears,he can be very meanto self and everyone around him .I really don't know what I should do!please...

Please help me and my son [ 5 Answers ]

OK here's my situtaion I do not want my son's father's mother any where around myself or my son,here's a little backround she's is on drugs every pill, pain killer there is, she does multiple kinds of drugs meth, crank she'll eat it, snort it, smoke it all in her house. Her 11 and 12 yr. old...

My Son [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everybody I have some problems and need to share with those people with full of kindness that can help me. I am a single mom with 3 kids. I have a man next to me now that will be my future husband. He is a very good man to me and wonderful father-to- be to my kids. My relationship with...

Our New Son [ 27 Answers ]

Noah Samuel Kohen, son of Chava (orange) and Alex Kohen Born April 28, 2006 at 2:46 pm 7 lbs, 9 ounces Thank you for the warm welcome and kind wishes. The c-section went well with no complications. Noah is a large healthy baby, despite toxemia and early delivery. My wife is...

My son is gone... now what? [ 15 Answers ]

My son, Tiponi passed away in Dec. 2004. My shield of numbness is gone from me. I feel alone on the subject of death as no one here will talk about it or my son, Tiponi. If I mention his name the subject is quickly changed. If I have a moment of crying because I miss him so... my boyfriend...

View more questions Search