Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    don8 Posts: 75, Reputation: 16

Oct 13, 2007, 08:13 AM
    Any Ideas?
    I am 36 and a half weeks pregnant and dilated to a one is there any safe ways to begin labor? I have heard of castor oil but that can be harmful and I don't want to do anything that could harm the baby.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2007, 09:17 AM
    I never trusted any of the "old wives tales" like castor oil... I didn't want to cause harm, or make myself sick.
    But another "tale" that I've heard of... that of course won't cause harm... is having sex. It is said, something in the ejaculate can stimulate the cervix.

I just did a lot of walking. I walked up and down stairs... that did the trick for me :)
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

Oct 13, 2007, 10:14 AM
    Walking, sex, evening primrose oil (preps the cervix). Drinking some red raspberry leaf tea is supposed to help prep the uterus as well. You could also try eating spicy food. When you are ready to go into labor I have heard to get a pedicure. There are pressure points all around the ankle just under the bone that can cause contractions. Also, nipple stimulation can cause contractions. Sex is definitely the best, at least for me. Whatever is in the ejaculate really works for me. I've been told to use condoms until 37 weeks because sex has caused me to have contractions. If you orgasm it increases the chance of going in to labor, as your orgasm will cause contractions as well.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 13, 2007, 10:18 AM
    Although 36 weeks may be considered full term, I advise that you don't use any of these "tricks" to begin labor. Your baby's lungs aren't ready yet, there is not enough surfactant for the lungs to work properly at this stage of gestation.

Labor will come when baby and your body are good and ready. Anything you do now, could cause complications with your baby.

Now, at 40 weeks, feel free to try all of these and then some.
    sportyyellow Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Oct 13, 2007, 11:13 AM
    Please don't do anything - leave it to nature - she knows best!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Got any ideas? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm looking for a dance song, a pretty recent song I think also... would probably hear it in night clubs a lot and the radio maybe. All I remember from this song is a lot of ''na's'' Such as , na nananana na nananana.. could you please help me out?

Any ideas? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm deppressed I just want to die I've made to many mistakes to fix anything And I just want to die I hate lving now I've ed up too much I'm losing everyone thati love Any ideas on how anyone?

Need your ideas [ 7 Answers ]

I'm just wondering what your ideas are of what a normal, healthy relationship is? What are the "rules" when arguing or just dealing with each other? What is absolutely off-limits? Thank you so much for any input you might offer.:)

Need Ideas [ 12 Answers ]

Okay, I am creatively challenged when it comes to projects that my kids have to do for school. My daughter has to make a strand of DNA for a science project. They already did the one that uses candy in class, so we can't do that. Does anyone know of a really cool way to make a strand of DNA?

Any ideas? [ 3 Answers ]

My parents have split up and my 8yr old brother seems to be rebelling towards my mum. He won't do as he told by her. The minute I ask him to he does it without argument. I guess my little bro is angry at my mum and maybe balmes her in some way?? He gets so upset and I have no idea what is...

View more questions Search