Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pinkface92 Posts: 21, Reputation: 5
    -

Oct 10, 2007, 04:23 PM
    Worried and confused.
    Hey I'm 15 years old and I have a problem. I have this 1 friend that is a cutter and she almost killed herself 3 times in the past year. She has a friend who is also a cutter and has also attempted suicide 3 times in the past year. As fishy as it sounds they did not decide upon it together, but I'm worried about them. Neither of them have ever gotten help 4 it and I think they're both getting out of control. I myself am also a self injurer, but I am ,most of the time, in control of it. I am not addicted 2 it;however, they are. I think they need help, but they don't seem 2 think that it is as bad as it seems. Please give me some advice on what 2 do.
    supermommy25 Posts: 39, Reputation: 4

Oct 12, 2007, 10:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkface92
    Hey I'm 15 years old and I have a problem. I have this 1 friend that is a cutter and she almost killed herself 3 times in the past year. She has a friend who is also a cutter and has also attempted suicide 3 times in the past year. As fishy as it sounds they did not decide upon it 2gether, but I'm worried about them. Neither of them have ever gotten help 4 it and I think they're both getting out of control. I myself am also a self injurer, but I am ,most of the time, in control of it. I am not addicted 2 it;however, they are. I think they need help, but they don't seem 2 think that it is as bad as it seems. Please give me some advice on what 2 do.
    I think all of you need to speak to some one soon... I am really at a loss for words and I don't know what to say because in these cases you have to be careful with your choice of words... so all I am going to say is that you guys should really seek help and if you can not reevaluate yourself and figure out why you feel you need to harm yourself then maybe a counselor can help... please take care and be safe and talk to and look out for your friends stay safe...
    babigirl1 Posts: 127, Reputation: 12

Oct 13, 2007, 10:50 PM
    I was a cutter myself, but it has been 6 months for me. I figured out why I was doing it. No one can make a person stop.I have had family members take all blades from my home to try and stop me and I always found a way/I did it so much that I had gotten several infections from it. Once you are a cutter you will always be one. This is a very hard thing to control. If it was me I would talk to my friends about what is hurting them. That is why a person cuts. They hurt inside so they need to hurt outside. It becomes an outlet for our pain. I have learnt other ways to let mine out. You and your friend all have this in common and you all can help each other. Make a deal with each other. When you feel like cutting call on each other and talk them through it. You have to set your mind that it no longer has control of you , but you have control of it. I know neither of you 3 want to tell on the other. So HELP each other. If this doesn't work than you need to get some counseling . I cut for several years and one day I said no more. That I will control this and it doesn't have any power over me anymore. PLEASE PLEASE HELP EACH OTHER

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Worried... [ 14 Answers ]

I have been really stressed out lately and I am findind myself unable to go to bed until the early hours of the morning (even thiugh I am tired) and I am not able to eat properly either. At times I feel sick (but never am sick). Yesterday I went to work (on an empty stomach) as I just wasn't...

I'm worried [ 1 Answers ]

I should be exactly 7 weeks pregnant today and I'm worried because I woke up with a little pink blood, not much, but I'm still worried. I don't feel like it is my monthly because I have none of the regular signs of it. Do you think I'm having a miscarrige? Or can this be okay? I had what I think...

Worried and confused [ 13 Answers ]

Im not sure where to start... My boyfriend was promoted to higher position within his company and ever since he's been super tired. He works 8 hours a day, yet looks as if he's worked 20 and ran a marathon. I work and go to school and yet I still have plenty of energy. He goes to bed...

Should I be worried? [ 5 Answers ]

This is my first pregnancy and I couldn't be more confused and worried. First of all, I had ALL of the pregnancy symptoms. Headache, tender breasts, nausea, missed period. I took 10 pregnancy tests and they all came back negative. My husband was worried I had something wrong with me, so we went to...

COnfused and worried [ 1 Answers ]

Hello~ I am very worried. I have never had a misscarriage and have 3 very healthy children all healthy pregnancies. I found out I was pregnant 4 days ago and now today I have bleeding and cramping just like a period. I am to go in and have blood test to check hcg levels. Is there a chance I...

View more questions Search