Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Sep 18, 2007, 02:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ME!
    agrees: cutting is most definately not 'OK' telling someone that is very irresponsible, even coming from a 12 year old!
    That was meant to be a disagree by the way!

It's certainly not OK, even as a stress release! These problems need to be discussed and the cause needs to be dealt with!

What happens when cutting yourself is not enough of a release? Where do you turn then? :confused:
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2007, 02:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by iAMfromHuntersBar
    What happens when cutting yourself is not enough of a release? Where do you turn then? :confused:
    This is very true! Could lead to other types of harmful behavior!
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2007, 03:11 AM
    Right as a former (hopefully) self harmer I have this to say about it.

It's all well and fine telling someone 'don't cut it's bad for you' I think they already know that! There are a lot of negative posts on this thread which I don't feel help the OP at all. By increasing guilt you are decreasing the chances of them finding help. These attitudes allow this problem to escalate.

And no cutting or other forms of deliberate self harm not automatically = suicide. If you don't know what you are talking about through personal experience or training Don't POST.

Right to the OP, you are not a freak, you are not crazy, and you should not feel guilty about your actions. You are a person experience a lot of emotional pain and dealing with it the only way you know how. But you know it's not the best way, that's why you've reached out isn't it? You can stop, lots of people manage to stop and you can too.

You need to work out your triggers and avoid them.
    Work out better ways to deal with your stress/anxiety etc. There are many ways to do that - exercise, holding ice, drawing on yourself in red pen where you want to cut, going for a walk, drawing a picture of how you feel, hitting a pillow, talking to someone.
    You can try cold turkey or gradually wean yourself off - stop earlier only allow a certain amount of damage - reduce this each time.

Don't feel too bad if you accidentally slip up, doesn't mean you can't stop. Personally I found the trick to stopping was to remove the emotion from the act and break the circle. One day you'll start and think 'what am I doing, this does nothing for me?' That's when your almost there.

You need to want to give up and you need to deal with the issues leading to the self harm in the first place. The most important thing right now is to find someone to talk to and let it go from there.

Good luck to you, it may seem impossible but it isn't!
    Moomin Posts: 167, Reputation: 19

Sep 18, 2007, 04:58 AM
    I have posted this link on another thread but I urge you to give it a try!

RecoverYourLife.com - Self Harm Support and Information - Home

It's a VERY supportive website where you can talk to others or not. Even if you don't talk to anyone you know you are around people who understand!
    mahal_kita9 Posts: 75, Reputation: 4

Sep 18, 2007, 09:56 AM
    I have cut before.
    At first it was because of emotional pain that wouldn't leave, but then it became a really strong habit. I would actually be like, "something bad happened....ill go get the scissors"
    It hit me that doing it was only something I thought was helping me. Like someone said a few posts up... it really is all in your head. I realized that it did absolutely nothing for me, so I stopped. I haven't done it in about 4 months. When something really bad or crazy does happen, I still want to pull the scissors down from the shelf, but I remind myself how pointless it is.
    I hope one day you will realize that too.
    Varoth Posts: 58, Reputation: 2

Sep 18, 2007, 10:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by X0Ximperfection
    :( :( :( :( :mad: I did it again. . . . . . . . I cut myself. . . I feel bad about it. I feel so bad it makes me want to do it another time just for the satisfaction. I wan't help but Im too afraid to tell anyone, even kids help phone. What should I do?
    My sister has got the same problem, although she has traded that habit for smoking, the best way to get over it is to isolate what is making you do it ( depression, relationship, parents, etc.) and find a more constructive way to deal... like voodoo.
    Paigiebaby Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Sep 21, 2007, 12:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by X0Ximperfection
    :( :( :( :( :mad: I did it again. . . . . . . . I cut myself. . . I feel bad about it. I feel so bad it makes me want to do it another time just for the satisfaction. I wan't help but Im too afraid to tell anyone, even kids help phone. What should I do?
    You need to get help I know its hard to talk to your parents about things like that but if you do it could really help. Plus if you keep cutting yourself you could accidentally cut yourself too deep and don't wait till that happens to get help. Please get help now.
    X0Ximperfection Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2007, 04:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Varoth
    My sister has got the same problem, although she has traded that habit for smoking, the best way to get over it is to isolate what is making you do it ( depression, relationship, parents, etc.) and find a more constructive way to deal......like voodoo.

That's just it though I can't seem to isolate the problem at all, the more I try to isolate the problem the more complicated it seems to get. :confused:
    Dnovy521 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2007, 05:54 PM
    I'm sorry but this is the 3rd time in the last 2 weeks I've seen you post this. The words are exactly the same. If you want help don't ask people on the internet, ask an adult. Just get help
    xxcutie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2007, 05:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dnovy521
    im sorry but this is the 3rd time in the last 2 weeks ive seen you post this. The words are exactly the same. If you want help dont ask people on the internet, ask an adult. Just get help

This was my f***ing question: That's just it though I can't seem to isolate the problem at all, the more I try to isolate the problem the more complicated it seems to get.

Not the same is it!!

And don't be such an a** everyone on here is just looking for help and support

p.s.: I am not the one posting it all the time sometimes its just other people responding to my question!
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2007, 06:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xxcutie
    This was my f***ing question: That's just it though I can't seem to isolate the problem at all, the more I try to isolate the problem the more complicated it seems to get.

not the same is it!!!!

and don't be such an a** everyone on here is just looking for help and support

p.s.: I am not the one posting it all the time sometimes its just other people responding to my question!
    Are you the OP? How many accounts do you need to post/respond to this question?
    sarah1989 Posts: 154, Reputation: 0

Sep 25, 2007, 06:07 PM
    Do you think people say this for attention?
    xxcutie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2007, 06:07 PM
    Omg! Oops sorry. I'm on my friends account right now and I forgot. My mistake and stop being mad at me
    Dnovy521 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2007, 06:22 PM
    Ging1994, no offense but this girl doesn't want you to help her cut herself

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Treating minor cuts [ 4 Answers ]

Just looking for some reasurrance here. Took Trink out to potty this evening, and she started limping on the way in. Once inside where I could see, I found that she had a small cut on her paw (not on the pad, but the smooth part above the big back pad on the bottom). Looks like she stepped on...

99chevy cuts out [ 1 Answers ]

99chevy silverado cuts out replaced coil, ignition module,dist. cap&rotor,coil wire,sparkplug wires,fuel pump&fuelFILTER. Had some sucssess with shorts in wire from coil to fire wall

Passat 98 cuts out [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have recently purchased a VW Passat (R 98) and at times it cuts out otherwise it drives fine.the only time it cuts out when you slowing down the car at give way and or at roundabouts or even when you trying to park it. The mechanic does not seem to understand but it is really annoying.

Furnace flame cuts out [ 10 Answers ]

Having problems keeping flame burning in furnace.Oil furace hadn't been used in 2 years and had oil delivered recently.We figured the tank would be close to empty but were told after it was filled that it was already over 1/3 full. Furnace would light up with yellow flame but then turn blue and...

View more questions Search