Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 19, 2007, 08:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by snuffy
    There would be nothing you could do about it over here in the UK however as much as you disagree with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by snuffy
    Fair enough fella. Do appreciate thought that 17, or indeed 16 is not a minor or a child in the United Kingdom.
    Neither is quite true. The age of consent is not the same as the age of majority. While a 16 yr old may be legally able to consent to sex, they cannot sign a contract. While 16 may be the age of consent, such a person is still the responsibility of their parents. While the parents may not be able to have you arrested, they can exercise a degree of control over their child's actions.
    snuffy Posts: 145, Reputation: 5

Sep 19, 2007, 08:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by GlindaofOz
    Regardless the OP is not about the morality its about the legality of the situation and it stands that in the US in most places she is still a minor and has no business messing with someone that much older.

While your experience may be different Snuffy I would imagine that you are intelligent enough to recognize that you are the exception and not the rule. More often then that what we see here in the states IS older men and women exploiting children (which is what this young lady is).

Being a law student myself I would always abide by the law of whichever territory I was in.

If I was in America I would stay away from under 18's; not because they are 'immature' or 'on a different level' but because it was illegal.

Here in the Uk, and I only brought this in to add perspective to the whole argument, it is legal and acceptable and the general population do not make monsters of me. I have not had one derisory comment about the situation from family of friends, mine or hers. There has been cautious approval; which is entirely right and I would not expect any different.

I would recommend that Miss Lovely stays away from over 18's, for it is illegal in America and it may be exploitative.

If she were in the UK however I would not be as dogmatic and I would not have her rule it out.
    Miss lovley Posts: 125, Reputation: 5

Sep 19, 2007, 12:05 PM
    Well I accept the fact that some of you think it is wrong and some of you don't but it is not that big of a deal anymore I'm not having sex with him and I do not plan on it we are getting to know each other and what happens from there I donno
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2007, 12:11 PM
    I still advise you to tread lightly. You may not want to hear anything but be careful, keep your eyes OPEN WIDE in this. I would be cautious going into a relationship with some one in their mid-20's at your age.
    Miss lovley Posts: 125, Reputation: 5

Sep 19, 2007, 03:43 PM
    I will thank you glinda

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search