Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 15, 2007, 08:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss lovley
    DID I SAY THAT I DIDN'T KNOW THE POSSIBILITY OH HIM BEING HORRIBLE? NO I DIDN'T
    DO YOU PEOPLE THINK THAT I AM NOT AWARE OF THESE THINGS
    I AM JUST SICK OF HEARING ABOUT IT OVER AND OVER AGAIN
    IT IS POSSIBLE TO MEET A GOOD PERSON ONLINE
    MY MOMS FRIEND DID AND SHE WAS HAPPY UNTIL SHE MET SOMEONE ELSE
    It's possible to meet a good person on line, but you must use your head and look for the red flags. You being 17 and he being 28 and not caring that you're a minor is a BIG RED FLAG.
    I think you know what is right, you know this guy is bad news, I just hope you do the right thing.
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2007, 08:17 PM
    Did you think that maybe there is a problem that you have to keep defending this? Does that not seem weird to you?

The truth of the matter is that you it is not a good idea for you to get attached to this guy until you know who he really is.

You never answered my two questions - how long has this been going on? Has an in person meeting been discussed?
    Miss lovley Posts: 125, Reputation: 5

Sep 15, 2007, 08:19 PM
    2 weeks and no I wasn't planning on meeting him for at least 6 er 7 months
    I just wanted advice on how to fget him here when the time came
    cerulean Posts: 110, Reputation: 5

Sep 15, 2007, 08:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by GlindaofOz
    Did you think that maybe there is a problem that you have to keep defending this? Does that not seem weird to you?

The truth of the matter is that you it is not a good idea for you to get attached to this guy until you know who he really is.

You never answered my two questions - how long has this been going on? has an in person meeting been discussed?
    Glinda, you crack me up!

I sense your earnestness and you are a very good person. You want to get at the heart of the problem. You remind me of myself, so I have to laugh. :)

But I wrote something related to this issue in this thread: Here is the link -

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/teens/...le-129948.html
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2007, 08:22 PM
    2 weeks and no i wasn't planning on meeting him for at least 6 er 7 months
    I know that seems responsible but do you want to get attached to someone who may not be at all who you think he is? If you continue with this relationship I would recommend meeting within the first month. He if refuses you have your answer that he is not who he says he is.
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2007, 08:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cerulean
    Glinda, you crack me up!!

I sense your earnestness and you are a very good person. You want to get at the heart of the problem. You remind me of myself, so I have to laugh. :)

But I wrote something related to this issue in the other thread: Here is the link -

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/teens/...le-129948.html
    Thank you! What a nice compliment!
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 15, 2007, 08:26 PM
    2 weeks and no i wasn't planning on meeting him for at least 6 er 7 months
    i just wanted advice on how to fget him here when the time came
    Advice on how to get him here? He's grown he ought to know that himself. If your looking for advice on how to sneak and meet up with him, forget it. It is my hope, that you have come to the wrong place.
    Wardo111 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2007, 01:02 AM
    It's either 20/25(your age - 20%=13.6yo/your age + 25%=21.25yo) or half your age + 7(15.5). Haha
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 18, 2007, 04:27 AM
    i'm done with this topic
    i know all the safety precautions and what not
    and i am sick of you people not trusting my judgement so i am unsubscribing to my own question
    Guess what, I felt that way after a few days of reading your bits and pieces. You didn't even have the courage to come up with the whole story right from the start, so you were not asking for advice, you were looking for an argument, and baby.. you got one.

You probably don't talk to your parents much, beause I think you Always have to be right...

Get real!

Better luck next time.

Sep 18, 2007, 10:56 AM
    That's your opinion I don't think that you need to know all my business that's wwhy I didn't tell you

And about me not telling my parents it is not because I have to be right because my mother doesn't need to know everything that is going on in my life
    And if if my mother dissaproved I would still do it
    It is my life and if I choose to mess it up so be it I have to learn from my mistakes
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 18, 2007, 11:34 AM
    thats your opinion i don't think that you need to know all my business thats wwhy i didn't tell you
    If you want the best advice, then you need to tell us the whole story.
    I
    t is my life and if i choose to mess it up so be it i have to learn from my mistakes
    But isn't that why you asked us? So you could benefit from our knowledge and experience and AVOID making a mistake?
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 18, 2007, 11:41 AM
    thats your opinion i don't think that you need to know all my business thats wwhy i didn't tell you

and about me not telling my parents it is not because i have to be right because my mother doesn't need to know everything that is going on in my life
    and if if my mother dissaproved i would still do it
    it is my life and if i choose to mess it up so be it i have to learn from my mistakes
    I'm assuming you still live in your mother's house and because you are a minor, if something happened to you your mother is still responsible and liable. So what you do is in fact your mother's business.
    But you're sounding like a teenager who is having a tantrum because someone is not agreeing with what she wants to do. Bottom line is, we all know you will eventually do what you want, but you came to us with the question. You have received some good and sound advice and also some pretty understanding ears, I hope you do the mature thing and heed it.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Sep 18, 2007, 11:57 AM

and about me not telling my parents it is not because i have to be right because my mother doesn't need to know everything that is going on in my life
    and if if my mother dissaproved i would still do it
    it is my life and if i choose to mess it up so be it i have to learn from my mistakes
    But some mistakes are beyond just "learning."
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2007, 12:08 PM
    I would also like to point out that the "mistake" of meeting this guy could kill you or rape you or otherwise harm you.

Not a mistake I'd want to make.

Sep 18, 2007, 03:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    If you want the best advice, then you need to tell us the whole story.
    i

But isn't that why you asked us? So you could benefit from our knowledge and experience and AVOID making a mistake?
    No not at all I asked for your opinion just to see if you all thought ti was a bad idea
    Eaither way I was still going to talk to him and I still am

Sep 18, 2007, 03:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50
    I'm assuming you still live in your mother's house and because you are a minor, if something happened to you your mother is still responsible and liable. So what you do is in fact your mother's business.
    But you're sounding like a teenager who is having a tantrum because someone is not agreeing with what she wants to do. Bottom line is, we all know you will eventually do what you want, but you came to us with the question. You have recieved some good and sound advice and also some pretty understanding ears, I hope you do the mature thing and heed it.
    I am doing what I want I am loving every second of it

Sep 18, 2007, 03:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by GlindaofOz
    I would also like to point out that the "mistake" of meeting this guy could kill you or rape you or otherwise harm you.

Not a mistake I'd want to make.
    Well I understand my limits and I'm not going to cross them at this moment but a month from now who knowws
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 18, 2007, 03:50 PM
    no not at all i asked for your opinion just to see if you all thought ti was a bad idea
    eaither way i was still going to talk to him and i still am
    Yeah right! That is not why people ask questions on places like this. Either they are genuinely looking for advice or they are hoping someone will support what they want to do so they can feel better about doing it.

You obviously fall into the latter group. Since you had already committed yourself in your own mind, you had to deal with the almost universal advice against you.
    Dnovy521 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2007, 03:52 PM
    Yeah I agree, you shuld only date men that are 3 years within your age limit. But once you are 18 u can date whoever you want
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 18, 2007, 04:40 PM
    i am doing what i want i am loving every second of it
    Then I guess you're done here then Huh? I really do hope you're smarter than you are appearing to be. I hope this is just a stubborn streak and that you are the mature teenage girl you want us to think you are.
    I sincerely wish you the best.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search