Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rummage Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2003, 05:14 PM
    Numbers Lock comes on when I sign on
    Hi--
    Every time I get on line, the "NUM LOCK light comes on my computer--any suggestion to what is happening--Thanks--
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2003, 07:55 AM
    Re: Numbers Lock comes on when I sign on
    HI,
    Your subject line says "when I sign on", and your question says "when I get on-line".
    Could you be a bit more specific?
    Such as, when I dial-up?
    Or, when I log on to the computer?
    Or, when I click on the Internet Explorer icon to go to my home page?
    Thank you,
    fredg
    Rummage Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2003, 12:23 PM
    Hi--
    The Num Lock light comes on about 10 seconds after I turn my computer on --This is before I try to get on line-Thank You--
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2003, 05:09 AM
    Hi,
    My NUM LOCK also comes on immediately after the computer boots up. I want it to come on!
    I use the number keypad on the right hand side of the keyboard for entering numbers in passwords, etc.

It's much easier to use the number pad than the numbers on top of the keyboard.

This NUM LOCK is located in the computers autoexec.bat file. You can remove it, if you wish, or just simply disable it.
    Go to Windows Explorer, then Show All Files Details.
    Click on the C: drive, and find the autoexec.bat file.
    Left double click on it, then choose the File Association called Notepad.
    Find the line that says NUM LOCK, and then in front of the line, type in REM.
    That will disable it, but keep it there if you decided to change it back, then simply delete the REM.
    Best of luck,
    fredg
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Mar 21, 2004, 11:24 AM
    Generally, the default settings in the bios is what makes the NUM LOCK light come on. This is normal. If you want to disable this handy feature, then you would have to enter the system bios to turn it off. It will still work, it just won't light up automatically or be active when you turn your system on. You will have to push the NUM LOCK button manually whenever you need to enter numbers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Iodine Numbers [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone out there know how to calculate iodine numbers? :eek: If so please explain it to me like I was a two year old, then maybe I might get it! The data I have is: The weight of the fat sample in grams Amount of thiosulphate required in ml Blank-fat source titration value in ml Doe...

The Red Heifer Of Numbers 19 [ 7 Answers ]

DOES ANYONE HERE HAVE CURRENT INFORMATION REGARDING "THE SEARCH FOR THE RED HEIFER?" I share the following for those who may not be familiar with the significance for "THE SEARCH FOR THE RED HEIFER!" -------------. THE "RED HEIFER" SACRIFICE PRECEDING THE REBUILDING OF THE TEMPLE: The...

What are the next 3 numbers in the sequence? [ 1 Answers ]

3,1,4,1,5,9,2,6,5,_,_,_

Cell phone numbers [ 11 Answers ]

How can a person look up cell phone numbers

Cell phone numbers [ 2 Answers ]

How can you identify who a phone number belongs to if it is listed to a cell phone? Is there a way to ID the caller or trace who the number is assigned to? I receive calls from numbers that I do not know and I have tried a reverse look-up with programs such as "Anywho" with no luck. Is anyone...

View more questions Search