Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daisymactx Posts: 46, Reputation: 7

Sep 10, 2007, 08:46 AM
    Is it true that you can get sick from sitting in the draft of an AC
    I never held this to be a true statement, but yesterday morning I felt fine. Then I went to church, and ended up sitting right under the AC vent. It really felt pretty good at first, as I am always a bit on the warm size, but after about 25 minutes, I got this hacking cough. There was a tickle in my throat that was driving me crazy, so I got a drink of water and sucked on a cough drop.

Later on, like 4 - 5 hours, I felt like I was coming down with something - itchy throat, stuffy head, a bit achy. Then last night my head filled up with snot and I feel like a limp rag today.

Is this just a coincidence, or could the cold air blowing on me for an hour have helped?

Thanks!
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Sep 12, 2007, 07:05 AM
    There is a chance the AC has mildew from moisture build-up. If so, those particles could easily have floated into your system and be causing you to have an "allergic" sort of reaction.
    daisymactx Posts: 46, Reputation: 7

Sep 17, 2007, 01:14 PM
    Never mind - we all caught a cold - that was a coincidence.
    marysue52uk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2012, 07:09 AM
    I too have had these symptoms when I went out with my husband to our local club.We arrived in the club a bit late and it was full except for this one table. I did wonder why no one was sat at it but when the show came on I forgot about it. Later on it got very hot and the air conditioner came on and yes we were sat right under it. As you said it was OK at first then I started to feel a chill. When I got home I had this tingling feeling going right through my head I took a Lem-Sip then went to bed. The next morning I felt terrible.I had a stiff neck and felt so bad I made an appointment for the doctors. My temperature was 200 and I was told to rest and given paracetamol.I have worked in cold conditions earlier on in my life so cold I had to wear thermals and had the same feeling then so realized that an early night in a good warm bed does help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

True or Not True about Breast Cancer and plastic bottle water in left a car [ 8 Answers ]

I had this conversation with one of my co-works today regarding Breast Cancer. She told me that you women can get breast cancer by bottle water left in a car. I don't believe it. Is there anyone who can answer this question please?

Return to the Draft? [ 39 Answers ]

Lt. Gen Douglas Lute, President Bush's new military adviser, said yesterday that because of frequent tours of duty for US soldiers in Iraq and Afghan, it is worth considering a return to the military draft. I saw some stats within the week that stated that a majority of soldiers in Iraq have...

Over draft [ 12 Answers ]

Hello my question Can the bank take money that is not in your account due to an order bieng sent to them from the courts. Then charge you that amount as over draft

Chimney draft [ 2 Answers ]

Having trouble with getting the draft (smoke) to UP the chimney. It seems to be coming down and into the house. This is not a new fireplace but just started this season.

View more questions Search