Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    UsBlkgal Posts: 83, Reputation: 9

Aug 2, 2007, 06:23 AM
    Blocking other computer users
    I do not know how to ask this but, how is it possible to share two sides of the computer? My husband and I each have web sites on two separate "sides" of the computer. How is that? If we have another person ( a neighbor to be exact) how do we stop this person from access to emails on one side? How do we keep him from finding out our passwords or usernames? He did that once before at my prompting (because I lost my Yahoo password). How do we keep him from accessing our past internet inquiries? (I.E. our bookmarks.) How do we erase our bookmarks? Or disarm him in advance?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2007, 06:28 AM
    Set up a Guest account that he would use.
    Make sure that you log out when you step away from the computer for a while. Make sure that your screensaver requires you to reenter the password.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 2, 2007, 06:29 AM
    By setting up user accounts that are password protected. Each user, then has their own private folders, their own bookmarks and other customizations.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blocking Websites [ 1 Answers ]

Is there anyway to block websites on internet explorer

Blocking web pages from my computer [ 2 Answers ]

Would someone please give me a response as to how to block certain websites for anyone that uses my computer? I am desperate. Thanks

|Users Computer Guide [ 4 Answers ]

Part 1: The CPU This is a large box that comes with your computer for only one reason: the power button. The disk drive and cd-rom can be removed and placed in a drawer for convenience. Plugging in is only necessary once a week. Part 2: The monitor Commonly called the "TV thing", the...

Blocking Sites [ 4 Answers ]

I have Windows XP and for an internet browser I'm using Microsoft Internet Explorer. What I need help with is: I need to learn how to block X-Rated sites. I found out how to block a specific website BUT I need to know how to put a limit on web searching. PLEASE HELP! :confused:

View more questions Search