Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ronaldgordon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2007, 05:47 PM
    Cat Hyperactive and Aggressive
    Dear Ask Me Help Desk,
    I just got my Little Kitty around a week ago. She is aroung 12 weeks old. For a few days, she was very calm and slept on the bed with me, she also slept peacefully on the big couch. It is just three days ago, that she is terribly hyperactive. I have to keep her in her carrier only to take her out for recess and to play, eat or drink, because she will start running around aggressively, tearing things up, and play in a very rough manner. I was wondering if this is the chemicals used by the exterminator in the building I am in which is causing my cat to be this way? I also wonder if anything like a sewer is out of order in the community or if there is a chemical spill in the neighborhood? Or is my cat reacting to the weather or any atmospheric conditions?

Thank You,
    Ronald Gordon
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2007, 06:03 PM
    I think that she is just being a kitten. Seems like she has gotten used to her surrondings. Kittens can be quite wild sometimes. Check to see if some of her toys have catnip inthem if they do I would suggest getting rid of them. Also you may want to consider getting her a kitty playmate. I believe that they do better in a pair. We humans find their kitten games to rough. I am afraid keep her caged up will only make her wilder. If necessary when she is acting out put her in a separate room with toys and switch them out each day. Hang toys on a string from the door handles, when you are going to be gone remove the. Edit Give her tissue paper tubes they love those. They like old shoe boxes, or card board boxes cut a hole in each end. Do different things to keep her from getting bored. Also give her a window so that she can look out, try one where there is activity outside of it, passersby, or where she can see the birds.
    daisymactx Posts: 46, Reputation: 7

Jul 20, 2007, 02:04 PM
    I would also suggest a tall cat tree, so that she can race up and down the tree to let off steam. Our cats have a sisal rope tree with 2 levels, and they tear up the side of it to get to the top level and look out the window. It is about 4.5' tall. We made it ourselves and they love it. It's also really good for scratching.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Another cat added to house with a cat. Resident cat not happy. [ 8 Answers ]

Please would you kindly advise us on how we can help our cats get along together? My sister and I are proud owners of two adorable cats: my sister’s cat is a feisty female, 4 year old rescue cat long haired tortoise-shell, named Duchess. My cat is an 11 year old British Shorthair lilac male...

Is pitbull aggressive or.. [ 37 Answers ]

I read many opinons and I think the owner is guilty for aggression of pitbull dog Is pitbull aggressive breed or people make it aggressive? What You think?

Aggressive cat, attacks repeatedly [ 1 Answers ]

I have had my cat for about 3 years. He's a neutered male acquired as a kitten. He's never been abused (that I know of) and is very lovey most of the time. Often, though, he will lunge at me and bite me HARD drawing blood. Sometimes it's when I'm petting him, but sometimes it happens when I am...

Dog becoming aggressive? [ 3 Answers ]

Ok well, I started doing some of the alpha dog stuff that Labman suggested after my dog started scroiunging, and it was working for a little while, but now he has completely snapped or something. I have had this dog for a little over 2 years now, and he was always the biggest baby, but now he is...

Aggressive male cat [ 3 Answers ]

I've had both a male and a female cat for about two years now. They are both fixed, but all of a sudden my male cat has become overly aggressive with my female cat. He always starts fights with her, and she doesn't fight back. Its getting bad because my girl cat has been hurt. They are both almost...

View more questions Search