Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Jul 16, 2007, 02:46 PM
    God is not a part of Satan; Satan is a part of God.

XenoSapien

Jul 16, 2007, 02:48 PM
    Fr_Chuck: Help me out with what I think is a song: 'For those who doubt the existence of God, look at the mountains around you'.

XenoSapien
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2007, 05:07 PM
    There is a God and if there wasn't, what's the point of living?
    Gee, how about improving the world for future generations, enjoying your time here, making a name for yourself, leaving a legacy, raising your children to be good people... There are many ways to enjoy life without the belief of god. I mean, believe in god all you want, but don't go around saying that people who DON'T have no reason to be alive. That's just cruel - and possibly evil.

To OP: It all depends on your religion. Some people see god in everything (see Fr-Chuck's reply) some people credit nature and the earth for those things. Miracles? Some say divine, others say "lucky guy". You either have faith or you don't.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2007, 05:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx
    There is a God and if there wasn't, what's the point of living?
    I don't understand that argument. Myself and most of my friends don't worship a god yet we seem to live our lives wonderfully.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2007, 05:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by XenoSapien
    'For those who doubt the existence of God, look at the mountains around you'.n
    Mountains are formed by plate tectonics:
    GeoDetectives, Plate Tectonics, mountain building
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2007, 05:21 PM
    To be quite honest, at least for me, I don't think I could survive without God "out in the world" and I really don't want to. But that is just me.
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2007, 05:27 PM
    Allheart I respect that because it is your opinion and it only makes a claim about yourself. YOU don't want to live in a world without god. That's fine. If you start going around indicating people who don't believe in god have no reason to be alive, however, that's a very, very different thing.
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2007, 05:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jillianleab
    Allheart I respect that because it is your opinion and it only makes a claim about yourself. YOU don't want to live in a world without god. That's fine. If you start going around indicating people who don't believe in god have no reason to be alive, however, that's a very, very different thing.

Oh my God (sorry)... no Jill. Not at all. Meaning, I would ever think that about those who don't believe. Heck no. No way and never.

And what I meant was, I just feel if I leave it up to me, I fall so short in life, but when I rely on what I have been taught, and God's love, for me, it makes life so much more enjoyable and easier to endure the harder times in life.

But I do not judge ever nor push my beleifs on anyone else nor would I ever think my way is the right way.
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2007, 05:41 PM
    Actually, Allheart, I was referring to speech's post which indicated he thinks there is no reason to live if you don't believe in god! :) I took your post as intended - that YOU feel YOU cannot live without god. I didn't get the impression you were pushing your beliefs or being judgemental.

PS: I'm not offended by the word god (or amen, hallelujah, and so on. Just as you probably aren't offended by the words "chocolate" and "textbook"), so no need to apologize.
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2007, 05:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jillianleab
    Actually, Allheart, I was referring to speech's post which indicated he thinks there is no reason to live if you don't believe in god! :) I took your post as intended - that YOU feel YOU cannot live without god. I didn't get the impression you were pushing your beliefs or being judgemental.

PS: I'm not offended by the word god (or amen, hallelujah, and so on. Just as you probably aren't offended by the words "chocolate" and "textbook"), so no need to apologize.

Chocalate - No... textbook YUP

Just kiddn. :)

I didn't think you got that impression, but I was just typing away and making sure that no one would think that I would push my thoughts on them.
    Freethinka Posts: 75, Reputation: 3

Jul 16, 2007, 05:56 PM
    Does believe mean be-lie-ve or be lie 've, or someone lied to you, curious... explain it.

Is there any truth, when you have to believe something, seeing that belief is such a fickle word...
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2007, 06:20 PM
    Chocalate - No... textbook YUP
    GAH! I knew you were one of those book-burning fundies! :)

Freethinka you need a dictionary:

believe - Definitions from Dictionary.com

It is not always reliable to break a word down into smaller parts to find its meaning. After all, in your example, what's a "ve"? Linguistics don't work that way...

Jul 16, 2007, 11:14 PM
    jillianleab, I know my breaking the word, believe into 3 mystical pieces, Freethinka double odd nine, was going to offend someone, trust me; it was intentional, I only did it to gather some attention. As to why, if believe is such a cohesive word why is lie, instead of true, is intentionally placed smack dab in the middle of a word that so many people, would give their all and all for. I personally suspect something has got to be wrong for the usage of the word. How many more persons would follow if the word betrueth was used instead of believe. I know your remarks are like betrueth isn't even a word. My suggestion only, it is a more honest word than belie or believe. Or the word believe is proper in its context when applied to mythology. Freethinka do not believe in zorastrainism, voodoo or the like. I hope I've made a valid point, If not say.https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

If believe is the Goddess of all lies. Why is it, there are so many followers, who are entranced or bewitched, into the following of something hoped for that hasn't ever been seen, I guess that's when confidence and prayers come in. could you tell me how this work, If someone give you a lie for the truth, as a believer what would you do with it?
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Jul 16, 2007, 11:49 PM
    Read the bible, and you will find out who God is

Jul 16, 2007, 11:50 PM
    Why nature work so well, without any dogmatic books to govern it? I am not talking about the destruction of man to imbalance a perfect system.

Hi Marily, why is it that Freethinka has to read a bible to know who god is? What was life before the bible? I hope your answer is perfect or pristine, before evil men saw its beauty and lay hold, try to take the fame, for all the wonderous works in the name of god. What do you think?

Marily, who is the devil? One must have a devil, to recognize the devil, one must have a god, to recognize, god, like good, like evil; it is in every one of us. Like, wet need dry, or, you may live, but must die. In life without opposites this planet would not exist. Do you have an opinion? Hope you understand my metaphor.

Quote Originally Posted by XenoSapien
    God is not a part of Satan; Satan is a part of God.

XenoSapien
    If we look at satan as zero to 49,999 and, god from 50 to 100 this makes a full, almighty God. What do you think?. There is also that fine line that is between 49,000 to 50, that bonds satan and god. Think about that also...

Jul 17, 2007, 12:38 AM
    Actually one must have the Holy Ghost to recognize the devil, simple revelation hey ?

Jul 17, 2007, 04:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Freethinka
    If we look at satan as zero to 49,999 and, god from 50 to 100 this makes a full, almighty God. What do you think?... There is also that fine line that is between 49,000 to 50, that bonds satan and god. Think about that also...
    God is pure and whole and all. Satan, along with the rest of us, is only a 'part'.

XenoSapien
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2007, 05:02 AM
    If you want to start a meaningful discussion, learn to ask better questions. If you want to start an argument, you're on the right track.

Jul 17, 2007, 06:20 AM
    Ordinaryguy I could not agree with you more, very well said !
    Tessy777 Posts: 191, Reputation: 37
    -

Jul 17, 2007, 06:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Allheart
    Chocalate - No...textbook YUP

Just kiddn. :)

I didn't think you got that impression, but I was just typing away and making sure that no one would think that I would push my thoughts on them.
    Allheart,

I can't help myself... I got to say it. You can't push your thoughts on to someone else... that is impossible. I can only take that comment to mean, you are being milquetoast and you don't stand up for what you believe in. Jesus said to beware when all men speak well of you. In other words, when you stand up for TRUTH... not everyone is going to like it.You may ruffle some feathers and that is OK... Jesus certainly DID.

He also said that He would rather we be HOT or COLD because this in between, lukewarm stuff, is so nasty it makes Him spit us out of His mouth. ( I know, I know you never read that or was taught that so it can't be true... ) yes, he said that see Revelation 3:15.

Allheart you are a sweetie, it comes through in all your posts even when you were rebuking me for my sarcasm. Well, I'm going to challenge you a little bit. IF Jesus is your Savior and IF you Love him and can't imagine living life without him then say so without an a apology to anyone. You can do that and still be sweet all at the same time. (maybe I can't.. but YOU can) ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What, who, where is GOD? [ 14 Answers ]

After seeing a movie my 4 year old is asking about GOD. How do you explain GOD to a 4 year old in terms he can understand?

Is God Just One ? [ 42 Answers ]

In Christisn, as God; In Islam, as Allah; In Hindus, as Krisna... Why are there so many Gods ?

Do you need God [ 12 Answers ]

I know I do need god how about you I get through the daywith god I ask him for help and I get it but not all the time

Where did God come from? [ 20 Answers ]

We are all Christians and attend church regularly. After service one Sunday my 8 yo comes to me and asks this question. Daddy, if God created the heavens and the earth, and all living creatures, etc. then who created God? If he had a Mommy and Daddy, where did they come from? I laughed......

Oh my god what do I do... [ 4 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend have been together for 7 months and I honestly thought that I loved her. I think that now I only really want her as a friend because she has tried to change me from what I am. I am the type who likes to go out and have fun with friends, and smoke and stuff like that. I was out...

View more questions Search