Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sskirvin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2007, 10:59 AM
    Changing last name
    How would I go about changing my son's last name from mine to his father's?
    sskirvin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2007, 10:59 AM
    I don't know that's why I am asking this question.
    nya Posts: 55, Reputation: 8

Jun 25, 2007, 07:25 PM
    It depends, is there a father listed on the birth certificate. If no father is listed on the birth certificate then here in Florida the parents can sign a form called a DH432 and on this form the father acknowledges paternity and can request that the child's last name be changed to his on this same form. You should contact the Office of Vital Statistics in your state and they will inform you of the form in your state. Or you may contact your local child support office and they could probably provide you with the information.
    pace007spy Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Aug 22, 2007, 03:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sskirvin
    How would I go about changing my son's last name from mine to his father's?
    You may go to your local vital statistics office and they will ask you what the old name was and what you would like the new last name to be. Simply add the fathers name to the birth certificate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing the outside unit vs. Changing the whole system [ 7 Answers ]

My outside unit leaks Freon and needs to be replaced. The system is about 9-10 years old. Initially, the contractor gave me a $2500 estimate to change the outside unit to a new Trane XR14. When the written estimate came, it included changing the coil and fan package inside (it's a ceiling unit)...

Name changing [ 2 Answers ]

I recently got married and now I am trying to change my name I've been told that I can take is name by dropping either my middle name or my last name but it seems to be a problem that I want to simply add his name to mine. Can anyone tell me why this seems to be such a big deal? An what can I do...

Changing the barbell [ 2 Answers ]

Hey all! I want to change my barbell but I'm scared to do it cause when I peirced it I got 8mm barbell so I heard that I should wear the same size I want to change it for something bigger like 10 or 11mm and I don't want it to move a lot and its almost 5 months old so can I wear something bigger or...

Changing Last Name [ 1 Answers ]

My partner and I are planning to get married within the next year. However, neither of us wish to keep our current last name. Is it possible to create a new last name at the time of marriage and if so where could I find more information? We are living in Indianapolis, IN. I am a citizen and my...

Changing OS, ME to XP? [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, I am considering finally getting ME off my system and going to XP. My system runs pretty good ( I try to keep it as clean and lean as possible) except for all the ME quirks that are well known: error screens, restarts, improper shutdows, software conflicts, etc. I was going to wait...

View more questions Search