Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    unknown1506 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2007, 09:12 PM
    False arrest
    My boyfrined and (father of my two kids) got arrested about 2 and a half years ago on a domestic violenco crime my sister set up that was fake but she was sleeping with a cop and had him file the report. Well that led him to getting a years probation with a black woman who tell every white person that she does not like white people OK. Well she got in a car wreck and he had a different probation officer and he was not doing what he should have in the beginning like ged and a domestic violence class and he failed a drug test for pot... well he got out on house arrest with an ankle braclet and was doing everything right going to ged and domestic violence well 2 guys asked for a ride to the store one day and he didn't know who they were but decided to be nice any way when he got pulled over and one guy had a pack of newports with 3 roaches in it and threw it on the middle console and said it was my boyfriends which it wasn't and now he went to court yesterday and the judge gave him a year in jail... my question is... Is there some way to appeal since it wasn't his and he was doing the right thing and when they picked him up that day he passed his drug test that they gave him so in a small town like ashland city could he request a lie detecter or an appeal so he can get out and take care of his family is there anything he can do so he doesn't have to sit in there for a year and his family be on the street... SOMEONE PLEASE READ AND HELP ANSWER THIS I NEED HELP FAST SO I CAN HELP HIM!!
    nya Posts: 55, Reputation: 8

Jun 21, 2007, 09:41 PM
    It seems unfortunate that your boyfriend was in the wrong place at the wrong time and has taken the fall for something he didn't do. And because of his past, its probably unlikely that anyone will believe him. The only advice I can give is to hire an attorney, it's the only hope he has. But it will costs to do this. So in as much as I hate to see someone in jail for something they didn't do, if he doesn't find an attorney who will fight to get him out or have his time reduced, he will have to do his time and learn how to make better decisions in the future.
    Greg Quinn Posts: 486, Reputation: 85

Jun 21, 2007, 09:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by unknown1506
    my boyfrined and (father of my two kids) got arrested about 2 and a half years ago on a domestic violenco crime my sister set up that was fake but she was sleeping with a cop and had him file the report. well that led him to getting a years probation with a black woman who tell every white person that she does not like white people ok. well she got in a car wreck and he had a different probation officer and he was not doing what he should have in the begining like ged and a domestic violence class and he failed a drug test for pot... well he got out on house arrest with an ankle braclet and was doing everything right going to ged and domestic violence well 2 guys asked for a ride to the store one day and he didnt know who they were but decided to be nice any way when he got pulled over and one guy had a pack of newports with 3 roaches in it and threw it on the middle console and said it was my boyfriends which it wasn't and now he went to court yesterday and the judge gave him a year in jail... my question is... Is there some way to appeal since it wasn't his and he was doing the right thing and when they picked him up that day he passed his drug test that they gave him so in a small town like ashland city could he request a lie detecter or an appeal so he can get out and take care of his family is there anything he can do so he doesn't have to sit in there for a year and his family be on the street........SOMEONE PLEASE READ AND HELP ANSWER THIS I NEED HELP FAST SO I CAN HELP HIM!!!
    It is hard, but there is an appeal process. I have no experience in the American Judicial system... But a lawyer need's to be obtained asap. The appeal process can be started by you I believe but it's a bugger getting help from agencies in terms of documents and filing. I know these things happen and am sorry for all of this. This is one terrible place sometimes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Resisting arrest [ 4 Answers ]

Is resisting arrest a felony

Disclosing arrest [ 2 Answers ]

I applied for citizenship on April 11 2007,since then I have already got fingerprinted but I just received a letter from immigration department that fbi backgrond check has revealed that I have a arrest record and they have asked me to bring the police report and court disposition how case was...

Shoplifting no arrest [ 1 Answers ]

I was caught shoplifting in Florida (8$ good).security guard took me to room,click my pict,noted License,name,adress& Ph num, No cops called,no arrest. They told me that they will go for a Trespassing notice and if I found again in the store, I will be arrested... let me know, will police get...

Will arrest show up on Criminal Record? [ 2 Answers ]

I was arrested a week ago by my daughter-in-law on domestic charges. Her 'statement' was incorrect and she 'embellished' things and the police found evidence to arrest me. It was devastating to say the least - considering the kids (with their baby) lived with my husband and I and we paid for...

False Arrest [ 8 Answers ]

I was falsly arrested in Texas for a felony crime, does anybody know a lawyer that will handle the case and sue the county for false arrest?

View more questions Search