Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Mar 13, 2007, 07:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by origins13
    You're very right, Wildcat! A part of me still dreams that he'll call, tells me he still loves me and get back together! Yet, I also know this is only a wishful thinking and very silly of me to even dream of it. I also did ask myself if he do ask me back, what will I do? I know I should say NO as I can't believe his words anymore. Everytime he calls, he tells me he still has strong feelings for me and yet he's still seeing someone else. This is why I changed my number because I don't want to let myself to keep checking if I have missed his calls and to give myself false hopes.

Thanks guys for your support and reassurance. I think I did the right thing and hopefully I can move on from this feeling soon. =)
    You are no longer feeding the fairytale you two were co-authoring. You pulled the plug on your end of it. Good for you! Dreams are for when our eyes are closed. Reality is where its at and you are working your way back there nicely. Bravo, honey, Bravo! :)
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2007, 07:48 AM
    You don't want guys like this calling your anyway. He's stringing your along... waiting to see how things go with the current gal.

What a jerk.

No you don't take guys like this back ever.

GOD I hope he tried to call you!! Love to see the look on his face!! The woman he thought he had this power over - actually has a spine is cutting him out of her life FOR GOOD!! Way to go!! Way to be so brave!!
    Precious154 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2007, 04:56 PM
    I reckon you made the right move!

I was in the same situation in which he left me after 8yrs relationship with a reason we didn't click anymore, but on the other hand, he was seeing someone else 6 months before he dump me.. I was so devastated and down and took me at least a year to recover from everything... he contact me, asking how am I doing?Seeing someone else? He still have feelings towards me.. and all those bla bla crap... and I decided to make a move that CHANGED my no. so that he won't ever contact me anymore...

Good question, if the guy still love us very much, why the hell they are still with the other girl? Don't you think that they have to think wisely before saying it out.. but I tell you what, you have nothing to lose, in fact SAD and PITY to the other girl in which the guy still trying to contact their EX-gf behind the girl,hence I don't think the guy LOVES the new girl as THEY did to the old girl :)
    origins13 Posts: 68, Reputation: 8

Mar 14, 2007, 07:58 PM
    Why have I become too sentimental
    Hi, for those of you who have follow my threads, I'm now in the process of moving on from my ex whom I started dating with since undergrad.

Was just reading the alumni news and learned that there will be a major change in the campus of my old uni this coming summer. The student center will be demolished and replaced with a new building. I suddenly feel quite sad learning this, especially because it brought up so many good memories I had with my ex. We spent so much time there, studied together, numerous chats at the coffee house, and so on.

I don't know why I suddenly feel this way. It seems that any small or big changes in my life have become very difficult to cope with and upset me. Have I become too weak or too emotional as a result of the break up? Is this normal?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2007, 08:07 PM
    I would not call it becoming too weak. You could be suffering from some mild depression - that can leave one feeling emotional and unable to get past certain events. Have you talked to your doctor about how you feel? Realize that is normal to feel some sadness but if that sadness is blocking your emotional health, then perhaps you should see your doctor and get some help. Good luck.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2007, 08:13 PM
    Normal.

Human nature.

I dated a girl through HS, colllege and after. Hige breakup. There were places we frequented that I still tie to her. Even though I am a dozen years removed from this relationship and happily married for seven... I still think of her when I go to particular chinese food place in town and when it was going to maybe close I felt sad.

Normal. Normal. Normal.

It'll also pass to some degree in time. Really.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2007, 09:35 PM
    I'm going to turn my Dr. Phil on here but I thinkt the tearing down of the building maybe representative of the relationship finally coming to an end in your mind. Perhaps you consciously knew that the relationship was over but on a sub-conscious level you had not accepted it and the building coming down finally triggered the reality in the sub-conscious.

In all though I'd say it's normal. Although this isn't exactly the same thing, I recently visited the town in Minnesota I grew up in until I was 14 years old. We then moved to Michigan and the move was difficult on me and I was never really the same. I had actually long since forgot about that town but just going back there this past November, I've had a lot of memories pop up since then. I have no doubt it's related to that visit, but something that was emotional can be triggered by various things and I think the building coming down did just that. In time I'm sure it will pass, just stay positive and forward moving.

Apr 11, 2007, 02:55 AM
    Birthday reminds me of ex
    Hi guys, am just writing to vent. Have been thinking a lot about my ex these days. Haven't thought of him for awhile. NC has continued for almost 1 and a half month now, ever since I changed my mobile number. But it'll be my and his birthday in few days time (our birthdays are only few days apart), and I suddenly miss him so much. We used to celebrate together. Now, I couldn't help thinking that I'm still alone while he now has someone celebrating his birthday with him. I know I shouldn't feel so bitter and this is very unhealthy. Have been trying to keep myself busy these few days but it's just so hard? It's been almost half a year since we broke up and am frustrated that he's still on my mind :mad:
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2007, 02:55 AM
    Always give yourself credit for being so strong ;)

Apr 11, 2007, 07:19 AM
    Wish I can be more stronger. I really want to know how long it takes to get over with a 5 yrs relationship.

Apr 11, 2007, 07:20 AM
    I have been having the urge to call him and I know it's a BIG MISTAKE if I do it.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2007, 07:20 AM
    There is no set time.
    5 years is a long time. You have been pretty well, so just going that way :)
    Copperhead6 Posts: 132, Reputation: 51

Apr 12, 2007, 09:39 PM
    Don't call, unless he calls, you got dumped. He knows its your birthday, if he gives a shout out respond. As far as a five year relationship, that's probably going to take awhile. Be good to yourself!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2007, 10:18 PM
    Concerning some of my ex's, I still remember and think about their birthdays and the good times beyond those. And, I'm talking about women that I was together with as far back as twenty, thirty years ago. It's okay to remember good things, but not to feel sorry for yourself that those things that you hoped for never came to be. Some things are just not meant to be. Remember that there are lots of fish in the sea - many others who like the same things that you do and who would like to share their lives and be with you.

You'll get over it. Just please give it some time.

It is good that you are keeping yourself busy.

I have many woes in my own life. If I don't get out and do things then I tend to feel sorry for myself and just mull them over and over. There is a dance band with whom I play the piano. Sometimes our gigs are several hundred miles away from where I live. When I play with them, I am so much at peace. And, I really forget all about my woes because they are such a great group of people to be with and we are all aiming for the same goal, which is to entertain people.

By doing something with a group of people that you like and for a common purpose, it helps to clear you head so that you are better equipped and able to tackle the things that are bringing you down.

It is about making a choice...

No sense being down in the dumps when you don't have to. :)

Hey! A birthday at anytime is cause for a celebration! How about inviting some friends and people you know over for a party! Doesn't have to mean a lot of preparation. Getting ready for and doing something like that should help to take your mind off things.

I wish you well! Time does help to heal things like this.
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2007, 10:20 PM
    Oh, and by the way, thanks for venting! I just did to, but in a different way. We all need to do that once in a while. Nice to be able to share with other people.

May 14, 2007, 12:19 AM
    Analyze Dreams.
    Not sure if anyone can help me analyze my dreams or I simply need to seek therapy from professionals. For those who followed my threads, it's been almost half a year my ex of five years broke up with me and started seeing someone else. The process of recovering is difficult, but am trying hard to move on. Since I have changed my phone numbers two months ago and stayed NC, I felt a little better.

However, recently I have been having the same dreams - dreamt my ex and his new girlfriend. It's really annoying. I don't know his new girlfriend. Perhaps because my ex had been swining back and forth between me and his new girl, and kept telling me how she was was jealous of me. I really hate thinking that my ex is now with someone else but I couldn't help from dreaming about my ex and his new relationship. Why am I driving myself nuts? Do I need therapy? :confused:
    Uber Member

May 14, 2007, 12:51 AM
    Dreams frequently are a way that our minds sort through and deal with the situations and problems that we are having while we are awake.

Being formally close to someone and dreaming about them and what is happening to them is normal.

You don't need to see a therapist unless you are obsessing about the situation and dreams so much that the obsession is keeping you from functioning productively in your day to day life.
    Uber Member

May 14, 2007, 12:52 AM
    Also, dreams can be really weird at times if something has been stressing us out. This also is quite normal.
    sonuannie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2007, 01:05 AM
    I believe you do not need thepey however you still have a soft corner for your Ex boyfriend and you keep imagining how his life would be without you.The more we think about something through out the day is what we see in our dreams.you should either divert your thoughts or patch up with your ex and start a new life.

May 14, 2007, 01:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sonuannie
    I believe you do not need thepey however you still have a soft corner for your Ex bf and you keep imagining how his life would be without you.The more we think about something through out the day is what we see in our dreams.you should either divert your thoughts or patch up with ur ex and start a new life.
    Yes, I admit at times I still wonder if my ex would think of me. The last thing he said to me was that he doesn't want me to be out of his life and he would break up with the girl if that is what it takes for me to stay friends with him. I was scared to believe his words and that's the reason why I cut all contacts. I do wonder at times whether I made the right move.

Since then, I have been finding and trying all means to move on. Am still quite hurt from the break up. I have done NC, kept myself busy with work and new activities, and even reasoned out why the relationship end and convinced myself that I should forgive my ex and move on. Today I realize perhaps the best thing to do is to do nothing, and let things flow naturally.

Sorry to those who have read my stories millions of times. I am starting to get tired of myself of not be able to move on completely.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

She wants to take a break.. [ 87 Answers ]

All right so I have read a few previous posts about similar questions and have read good advice, now here is my situation. I am 20 years old a college football player, and my girlfriend is 22 years old, graduated and in her first year as a nurse 45 minutes away from me. We have been together for...

Help with break up [ 7 Answers ]

I had been with my boyfriend for about a year. We first met at work and were both instantly attracted to each other. At first we just casually flirted, then started hanging out outside of work. It wasn’t very long before the relationship became physical. Once we had begun sleeping together things...

Girlfriend needs break / confused [ 16 Answers ]

Hello, This is my first time in these forums... I was hoping some of you could shed some light on my situation.. I have been having some trouble with.. I won't get into all the details but I will give you a brief run down. My girlfriend and I were dating steady for close to 5 months... we...

Break even [ 1 Answers ]

Sporto Enterprises is considering the manufacture of a new type of golf ball. Each golf ball would sell for $3.75 and would require $1.75 in variable cost. In addition annual fixed costs associated with the project would total $64,000. Calculate (a) the breakeven point in units, (b) the breakeven...

Break up... Or not? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, My boyfriend of a little over two months and I recently broke up... I think. He told me that he loves me and that he honestly feels he could spend the rest of his life with me... and that that frightens him a little, since he's only 17, and I'm 15. He said we needed to "put our...

View more questions Search