Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tdehiya88 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2014, 07:52 PM
    Toyota pickup engine won't stay warm
    My toyota pickup won't stay warm. It will idle until warm but then when you start driving the temp drops to below the cold line. Any ideas?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2014, 08:02 PM
    If it's cold outside where you live, try covering the radiator with a piece of cardboard (winter front, as used in AK). Also, try replacing the thermostat with a new OEM product--it may be opening too soon.
    RickMN Posts: 244, Reputation: 52

Dec 9, 2014, 10:00 AM
    A gasoline engine should NEVER need cardboard in front of the radiator. It didn't come from the factory that way and the radiator didn't get more efficient as it aged. The thermostat is almost always the cause of an engine that can't maintain proper temp. TXGrease is right on when he says get factory T-stat. Or buy STANT. Other brands are junk.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2014, 08:36 AM
    Also, I should have mentioned to purge all air in the cooling system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whenever my 1993 toyota camry engine gets warm,the car shuts off. [ 1 Answers ]

Why is my 1993 toyota camry shutting down whenever the engine gets warm? I recently replaced the water pump,but it was a second hand one. The car is not running hot it just tend to start when the engine is cold.When the engine warms that's where the problem starts. I just change the oil but its...

I have a 1993 toyota camry LE 4cyl. After engine warm it cuts off and no start [ 4 Answers ]

After my engine gets warm , check eng light comes on and something on and off then pow it dies on me, then try to start , turns over but doesn't do anything, wait at least 10-20 minutes it will start and repeat the same thing, TPS,idle air control, map sensor, every sensor you can think of, EGR...

where is the mass air sensor for a 1992 toyota 4x4 pickup with a r-22-e engine? [ 1 Answers ]

where is the mass air sensor located in a 1992 toyota 4x4 pickup with a 22Re engine

How do I test a mass air flow sensor on a 1992 4 cylinder toyota pickup 22re engine [ 1 Answers ]

How do I test a mass air flow sensor on a 1992 4 cylinder toyota pickup 22re engine

1984 Toyota pickup won't start [ 3 Answers ]

MY vehicle was running fine until one wire that was leading to my stereo burned up. As I don't know what this has to do with my starter, what could the problem be. The engine sounds like it wants to turn over, but isn't actually starting.

View more questions Search