Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NidaK Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 03:53 AM
    Eptopic Pregnancy?
    I am but worried about my girl friend. We had unprotected sex on around 27th March 07 and her periods were due on 10 April 07. Her period cycles are not very regular and vary by a few days minus or plus.

During the time her period was due, she started having Vaginal spotting and not periods which made us suspicious of a possible pregnancy but we could not do a pregnancy test as it is done after a missed period.

Though, her periods started 2 days latter. Now the problem is she is having lower abdomen pain towards her left which was really severe the day before her period and she never had had this before. I searched through the internet and came across Eptopic Pregnancy and am wondering if it could be this? As far as my reading went through, Eptopic Pregnancy doesn't start till 6-8 weeks after a missed period.

Can someone help me? Thanks!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 12, 2007, 03:55 AM
    If the pain is intense and happening right now, you need to get her to the ER as ectopic pregnancies can be life threatening if the tube ruptures.
    NidaK Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 04:09 AM
    Thanks for the quick answer. The pain was severe only yesterday and today it is OK. My confusions are the timings of the periods. Can an ectopic pregnancy develop at the same time/before the periods are due?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 12, 2007, 04:20 AM
    Ectopic pregnancy is just that, it is a pregnancy although it develops in the tubes not the uterus. So all of the symptoms are going to be the same, including a missed period.

So, if she has had her period it is most likely safe to assume that she is not pregnant.
    kerryAR Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2007, 08:17 AM
    Hi, I think your girlfriend maybe OK. However I would recommend going to hospital to the early pregnancy unite and having a vaginal scan. This will detect early pregnancy, also HCG tests to monitor pregnancy hormone levels. This is the only way to detect it.
    Hope all go's well
    iminlove Posts: 31, Reputation: 5

Apr 13, 2007, 11:35 AM
    Hi, I think you should take her to an emergency room -
    I thought I was pregnant 18 years ago but all my tests came up negative-even blood and this was in Feb. I finally gave up and just figured it was a false alarm and I had periodic cramping (felt like constipation) and then it progressed where it hurt to sit down- still ignored it for weeks because it would come and go. On May 1st I was at work and in so much sudden pain I laid down and didn't move until an ambulance took me in. It was ectopic pregnancy that had ruptured. I was lucky- and 2 tranfusions and 2 surgeries and 8 weeks later I was recovered. But never the same---------took me me almost 15 years before I could conceive again. Go check it out - even if it is not ectopic it could still be endiometriosis. Pain is not normal and should not be ignored. Sorry for the long post

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnancy... when can I tell? [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my husband are wanting to have a baby. I have already had my period for last month... but haven't got it for this month.I donno when I will get it,normally get it near the end of the month.I just got off ortho evera,about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I was wondering when will I be able to take a test...

Pregnancy at 16 [ 7 Answers ]

Hi my name is Amanda and I live in Virginia. I am 16 years old and want a child so bad but know that I can't take care of it by myself. My dad would kick me out but my mom probably wouldn't care. What do I do?

Pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

I had unprotected sex couple of times before my first day of period on 9 Dec 2006.As I was doubtful about myself being pregnant I had taken Norlevo,emergency contraceptive pill.During my this period I had normal bleeding. Right after 20 days of this period, on 29 Dec I had another period in which...

Could this be a pregnancy [ 4 Answers ]

I had my last period on December 21.for two days I had period like mild cramps on and off during the whole day.at one point I even had a burning sensation in my lower abdomen.we have been trying for a baby.this never happened before.can it be a pregnancy?

Pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

My Boyfriend And I Had Sex 2 Days Before My Period Came On And He Ejaculated In Me, Is There A Chance That I Could Be Pregnant?

View more questions Search