Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    psimco Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2014, 08:34 AM
    VSA light 2006 Honda Pilot
    Greetings,
    Had new tires put on my 2006 Honda Pilot. Next time I drive the car the check engine light and the VSA light come on and the VSA system engages slowing the throttle. Is it possible to damage the wheel speed sensor when getting new tires?

Phillip
    RickMN Posts: 244, Reputation: 52

Feb 17, 2014, 09:14 AM
    Far more likely that the sensors or tone ring got rust on them from removing the wheels. Take it back to the tire shop and ask them to clean the sensors and tone rings. If that still doesn't work, get the code scanned to find out exactly which wheel or sensor is reporting the problem. The system has a steering angle sensor, yaw rate sensor, and four wheel sensors. There's one TSB on the VSA system, but it pertains to a bent terminal in a connection in the left lower kick panel. Doubtful that that caused the problem after a tire change.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honda mechanic accord vsa light on [ 0 Answers ]

Honda Accord 2.2 I-ctdi 2005 car seems to stutter in delivering power, after a while the VSA light comes on and engine cuts right down in power (presumably VSA telling cylinders to cut out) and will only go at about 1,000 revs. If I switch off ignition and back on it may run OK for little while ...

State select water heater pilot light how to relite the pilot [ 3 Answers ]

I have a State Select Water Heater, I am assuming the pilot light has gone out as I have not hot water. What process do I do to see if this is indeed the problem before calling in a service man.

Gas wall heater pilot light goes out when I turn the valve from 'pilot' to 'on'. [ 1 Answers ]

Why does my gas wall heater pilot light go out when I turn the valve from 'pilot' to 'on'? The pilot lights and stays lit until I try to turn the valve. It's got a brand new thermocouple.

Does putting gas hot water heater dial on PILOT put pilot light out? [ 5 Answers ]

My gas hot water heater dial has OFF to the left, PILOT in the middle and ON to the right. If we are going away and want to not have the water heated can we just turn the dial to PILOT and the flame will stay lit but just won't heat the water or does the flame go out completely and then PILOT would...

Engine light on honda civic 2006 1800 still runs okay [ 1 Answers ]

Engine light on honda civic 2006 1800cc, still runs okay

View more questions Search