Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mydeemouse Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2012, 07:49 PM
    Interior Lights Not Turning Off
    I have a 2001 Ford F250 Powerstroke diesel and I keep seeing that there is a "door ajar" warning, but all the doors are shut properly and the interior lights still will not turn off. I have tried all the switches to turn them off and nothing happens. Can someone help me to troubleshoot the problem and possibly tell me how I can try to fix it, please?

All help appreciated, thank you.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2012, 08:44 PM
    Could be a bad door switch. Check there first.
    RickMN Posts: 244, Reputation: 52

Sep 12, 2012, 06:31 AM
    Yeah, bad door switches very common of Fords. Try the method shown here

Interior lights stay on -- Ford

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

96 Accord Interior lights [ 1 Answers ]

96 Accord. Wouldn't start but interior light were working. Took our battery. Put battery back in so I could roll start it. Manual tranny. No power. Replaced battery. Still no power. Fuse ? Shorted a wire ? Fried electrical system ?

On car interior lights what controls the delay in turning off after doors are closed [ 10 Answers ]

Coutesy lights, interior lights etc. in car do not turn off after doors are closed. What controls these?

Ceiling fan turning and the lights are turning [ 1 Answers ]

For some reason the lights are turning alone with the fan? Actually spinning on the shaft. I have black, white and ground wire from the ceiling and a blue, black and white wire from the ceiling fan. I'm connecting the blue, black from the ceiling fan to the black from the ceiling and the white from...

Camaro interior lights won't quit [ 5 Answers ]

My 1996 V6 Camaro developed a new habit last night. The interior lights will not dim after I turn on the ignition, and the buzzer sounds. When I take the key out and close the door, the lights are supposed to stay on a few seconds, then dim out. This does not happen. I figure a faulty switch,...

Interior lights [ 1 Answers ]

My interior lights on a 2000 grand marquis will not shut off any ideas?

View more questions Search