Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    19ajmoore85 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2012, 12:18 PM
    My 1998 ford taurus stays in neutral when I shift into drive and reverse
    My 1998 ford taurus se drove fine yesterday. I get up to go to work and it starts fine but when I put it into reverse it didn't catch like it should. It stayed in N. I went through all the gears and they all were nuetral. I pushed the car no problem in reverse. The fluid is red and not burnt at all and it runs fine. I shifted the car by the tr sensor andf it moved in the dash but still no gear. Please help!
    RickMN Posts: 244, Reputation: 52

Sep 11, 2012, 01:16 PM
    That would be the sign of a dead pump or a totally failed line pressure pressure solenoid. However, that would normally set a trouble code.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1999 ford taurus won't shift into gear [ 8 Answers ]

The car will not go into gear, the auto shift lever feels different and has no resistance. It is my nephews car and I have not seen it so I am using his info. Does the car have mechanical linkage to trany or is it electric? Is it possibly just an electrical problem or do we have a smoked...

Where is the shift linkage on a 99 ford taurus [ 1 Answers ]

My ford taurus won't shift into any gears.. Wha could be the problem? The shifter just slides and don't lock into any gears..

Why doesn't my 1996 ford taurus shift into gear [ 1 Answers ]

Transmission not going in gear right away, when I first start the car it goes into gear fine, but when I make a short run cut of and go back to start the car it doesn't shift I have to give it a lot of throttle for it to jump in gear

1999 Ford Taurus Wagon won't shift into park from drive [ 2 Answers ]

I drive a 1999 Ford Taurus Wagon with automatic transmission. This past year in the summer months only sometimes my car would over-rev as I went from first gear into 2nd or from drive into a passing gear up a hill or passing another vehicle. If I let up slightly on the gas it would immediately...

Ford taurus won't shift into Park [ 4 Answers ]

I drive a 1996 Ford Taurus. My car won't shift into Park. The shifter bar will go into the park position, but the car acts as if it is in reverse. For me to park my car I have to put it into Neutral, put the E-break on. Turn car off, move the shifter bar into park position, and remove my key....

View more questions Search