Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jonmark222 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2007, 05:19 PM
    How to Set up an Art Show Booth
    :confused: I am new at this.

I want to rent a booth, 10' x 10' (from where? I am in Jacksonville, Florida) for one day.
    I want to hang about 50 oil/acrylics on the walls of the booth to exhibit and sell.
    I want to get an occupational license as 'artist' - where do I get that from in Florida and how much does it cost?
    I want to know how to frame - reasonably inexpensively the paintings...
    How and where do I get a Visa/Mastercard machine? Can I rent one? How much?
    Can I, legally, offer free wine and cheese at my booth?
    I want to know what else should I know and do? Have I left anything out?

Thanks for your help.:D
    rawpotatoeater37 Posts: 244, Reputation: 8

Mar 21, 2007, 07:56 AM
    I can't answer all of your questions, but I'll give some advice on a few of them.

Ask around your local craft stores to see if they know about any local (or semi-local) craft fairs. Usually people who are interested in crafts are also interested (or participate in) craft fairs. Talk to the coordinator, or fill out a form, or do whatever you need to do to get a booth.

Another place where you could locate a craft fair is elderly, or semi-elderly women. They are the most well-represented demographic at these fairs, so most likely, they will know when and where the next one is coming up.

By booth, do you mean, a card table you can rent from somewhere? Or paneled walls you can set up to display your paintings? Or do you mean an actual space that is "bought," so to speak, for a day at a specific craft fair?

I'm not sure where I would rent the paneled walls, but I would suggest them for what you are trying to do. Set up a capital E shape toward the walk way so that you have maximum wall space.

As far as framing, Hobby Lobby is a good source of cheap things to improve. They should have some nice, simple frames for average sized paintings. If you have any larger paintings or canvasses, I don't know how that'll work.

I would not suggest serving wine at your booth, because not only do older women and their husbands frequent these places, but also young families with children. If an irresponsible brat accidentally takes the wine instead of the grape juice, you are held responsible.

Anyway, good luck, and I hope you are successful!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kid's art show from the 80's [ 9 Answers ]

I have asked numerous people but no one seems to remember this show... I'm looking for the name of it... The beginning showed the main guy skipping along with a group of kids on their way to the treehouse. The rest was set in the treehouse, there were puppets in the windows and the main guy...

Display permanently set at 640 by 480, and mouse doesn't show... [ 5 Answers ]

Here's the problem. I recently restored my registry using scanreg, and since then my computer worked fine. For about a day. ;>.> Now, the display is always set at 640 by 480, and my mouse doesn't show up at all. It's as if there isn't one there to begin with. I tabbed in and tried to...

90s Art Show [ 2 Answers ]

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!! I've been trying to think of this show that I used to watch -- it may have been a Canadian show, not sure. There was a guy riding on a bike and picked up garbage and sang a song about Recycle Cycle. Also they made puppets and crafts from stuff around the house, like say...

Shoot-set and Quick-set Combo [ 2 Answers ]

I have not seen this yet, but I haven't seen everything... lol I was thinking that these two misdirection sets could be used in a single play because the quick-set causes the opponent to position, dig-in, and focus on the quick-set hitter, but the ball could be shoot-set along the net for anyone...

View more questions Search